synchronization between two servers after connection is restored

Add any particular hints or tricks you have found to help with your ZoneMinder experience.
Poloxin

synchronization between two servers after connection is restored

Post by Poloxin »

hello everyone. I recently got acquainted with the excellent zoneminder software, and I wanted to implement it on my company. there is a main office with cameras and a remote construction site, where video surveillance is also needed. I have a question, if I use a multiserver, there will be a server with a database and storage in the main office, there will be a small server with a vpn client on the construction site. The connection between the office and the construction site may disappear, or completely break for a day, I wonder if it is possible to implement when there is a connection to write to the main server, and when the connection breaks, the recording goes to the local storage of the slave server at the construction site, when the connection is restored, all data is synchronized with the main server
dougmccrary

Re: synchronization between two servers after connection is restored

Post by dougmccrary »

Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 01-49-34 Features in 1.35. - ZoneMinder Forums.png
Screenshot 2023-01-15 at 01-49-34 Features in 1.35. - ZoneMinder Forums.png (97.7 KiB) Viewed 5660 times
Looks like that might cover the fail.
I don't know if a resync would happen automatically, but it wouldn't be terribly hard.
Isaac (iconnor) or another guru will probably answer fully Monday...
Poloxin

Post by Poloxin »

Thanks, I'll wait for another answer.
Poloxin

Post by Poloxin »

hi. well, do you have any thoughts on how to implement this?