Event time is not aligned

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
manatails

Event time is not aligned

Post by manatails »

Hello,

When I first installed Zoneminder all recording events were aligned at the beginning of every hour. So their timestamps were clean: 1:00:00PM ~ 1:10:00PM, 1:10:00PM ~ 1:12:00PM, and so on.

I don't know exactly when it started but now I see recording events that are not aligned: 11:07:43 AM ~ 11:17:43 AM, 11:17:43 AM ~ 11:27:43 AM.

The server is running the newest version (1.36.32) and I tried restarting the service but Zoneminder keeps generating events with unintuitive timestamps.

Can somebody help me with this?
dougmccrary

Re: Event time is not aligned

Post by dougmccrary »

In my experience that's caused by a camera going off-line temporarily.
It usually gets aligned after an hour or so, by making a longer or shorter recording.
manatails

Post by manatails »

dougmccrary wrote: Wed Jan 18, 2023 7:11 pm In my experience that's caused by a camera going off-line temporarily.
It usually gets aligned after an hour or so, by making a longer or shorter recording.
for me it keeps reverting to strange timestamps even if I manually restart the recording or change stream duration
manatails

Post by manatails »

I also discovered that this only happens in Mocord mode. If I switch to Record mode I get clean aligned timestamps but if I switch back to Mocord mode timestamps do not align and events get split based on the minute I switch to Mocord mode.
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

Huh. I run Mocord on all my cams, and see a couple a second or two off, but mostly right on the dot.
Two things, are your durations at least consistent, and maybe bump to .33, which is what I'm on now, since the 8th.
That's the latest "proposed" version.
Also, for me, restarting zm through the gui mostly sets the cams back aligned after a recording or two.
The only other thing different is I make 5 rather than 10 minute recordings.

edit - what distro are you running?
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

This behaviour is controlled by the event close mode setting under Options -> Config. See the help. Also, revamping this is on the devs road map. Needs to be a per monitor setting.
manatails

Post by manatails »

iconnor wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 10:43 pm This behaviour is controlled by the event close mode setting under Options -> Config. See the help. Also, revamping this is on the devs road map. Needs to be a per monitor setting.
Thank you, changing this option to 'time' and restarting the monitors fixed the problem.
pat2

Post by pat2 »

dougmccrary wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:25 am Huh. I run Mocord on all my cams, and see a couple a second or two off, but mostly right on the dot.
Two things, are your durations at least consistent, and maybe bump to .33, which is what I'm on now, since the 8th.
Also, for me, restarting zm through the gui mostly sets the cams back aligned after a recording or two.

Hi Doug, I added the proposed ZM repo:

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:iconnor/zoneminder-proposed
sudo apt update
I tried to upgrade and/or dist-upgrade, but the system is proposing me to upgrade only zonemider.doc...
is it correct?
thanks
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ZM 1.36.34 - 14 cameras on Orange Pi 5 (arm64) - Ubuntu Jammy 22.04
pat2

Post by pat2 »

pat2 wrote: Mon Jan 23, 2023 1:37 pm
dougmccrary wrote: Fri Jan 20, 2023 1:25 am Huh. I run Mocord on all my cams, and see a couple a second or two off, but mostly right on the dot.

Hi Doug, I added the proposed ZM repo:

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:iconnor/zoneminder-proposed
sudo apt update
I tried to upgrade and/or dist-upgrade, but the system is proposing me to upgrade only zonemider.doc...
is it correct?
thanks
understood. missing the armhf package.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

I have turned on arm support in the ppa. Will be pushing a new build in an hour or so, so arm packages should be available later today.
pat2

Post by pat2 »

great Isaac. thanks a lot
found! just upgraded and testing. it seems running fine. thanks
Attachments
Cattura.JPG
Cattura.JPG (61.22 KiB) Viewed 455 times