zmtrigger modifications for multi-servers environment

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
fri.K

zmtrigger modifications for multi-servers environment

Post by fri.K »

Hi,
I'm heavily using zmtrigger.pl to start events on zm fom external sources. It works fine with single server, but in multi-server environment external source must exactly knows which server currently is connected to particular monitor id and this might change any time.
zmtrigger returns following warning when monitor id is not found on this server:
zmtrigger[ZZZZ].WAR [main:382] [Can't find monitor 'X' for message 'X|on|YY|testTrigger|test trigger|']
I'm going to develop some code to mitigate this 'issue' but first I want to consult with you where changes should be made, which option is best?
1. zmtrigger.pl should be extended and have ability to call other zmtrigger via TCP call if can't find monitor locally
2. zmtrigger.pl should be extended and communicate with other zmtrigger via database
3. there should be new proxy server with knows who needs to be called on TCP call but it's occupies different port, API is identical as zmtrigger, can be configured via WebUI

If you prefer not to add this modification to ZM I can always go with option 3 and keep it as a separate project
iconnor

Re: zmtrigger modifications for multi-servers environment

Post by iconnor »

In 1.37 we have started roughing in MQTT support.

So the way we should probably go would be to have zmtrigger use mqtt but then we wouldn't need zmtrigger at all.

Option 1 is likely the easiest.