ZM Live View - delay upto 40 seconds before showing live streams & montage broken (shows some streamsd after long delay)

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
GingerDave

ZM Live View - delay upto 40 seconds before showing live streams & montage broken (shows some streamsd after long delay)

Post by GingerDave »

Hello All (long time user first time poster)

As part of trying to fix this issue I am now on 1.36.28 (fixed log issue as shown in post) on Ubuntu Server 22.04.1 LTS.
My installation is experiencing an issue with viewing live streams that it can take between 15 & 48 seconds to show the live stream on screen - after the delay they work fine and good response (all 8 running 10FPS). Montage is also broken by what looks like the same reason (after over a minute you might get 3-4 and the rest broken). CPU and memory are fine - 12GB of RAM & 12 cores - 4 are mocord & 4 modetect.

trending_up Load: 2.39
storage DB: 18/151
/dev/shm: 5%

I am using firefox on client (latest published version on Windows) and the problem replicates with live streaming on edge

Montage Review works OK, ZMNinja (phone and desktop) works OK no delay at all, motion detection and upload works OK, playback of events works fine on browser. zmlogs are currently Green. Check zmpath which is set correctly - timezone set the same at the system and apache. PHP versaion at 8.12 & tried 7.4.

I am at a loss to find what is causing the issue. I have done lots of reading on the forum and the usual google search with may be 1 a bit similar (not the same).

Any help you could provide (well a fix would be nice) would be appreciated.
Many Thanks
Dave
dougmccrary

Re: ZM Live View - delay upto 40 seconds before showing live streams & montage broken (shows some streamsd after long de

Post by dougmccrary »

Are you using multiport?
Montage is live streams, how are you getting to "showing live streams"?
What was the last zm that worked ok, and how did you get to 1.36.28? (Fresh install, upgrade, etc.)
GingerDave

Re: ZM Live View - delay upto 40 seconds before showing live streams & montage broken (shows some streamsd after long de

Post by GingerDave »

Hello Doug

No I am not using multiport as docs say not required on Firefox and not needed it before. I don’t use chrome.

The issue shows by going from console and go into camera and you just get a blank screen then up to 40 seconds later the steam appears. When it does performance of the stream is fine.
I cannot confirm what version number of zm last worked certainly was 1.36.xx as i have the ppa loaded in the sources and when I did an update it updated zoneminder

Regards
Dave
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

OK. Unless you’ve modified ff, it will only show 6 cameras at once.
Were you on some version of 1.36 before this started?
When going to a camera from console, do you click on the left side thumbnail or one of the event columns? Does it make any difference?
GingerDave

Post by GingerDave »

Hello Doug

No I have not modified FF (I dont usually use montage (when I just tried montage after 1 minutre it only showed 1 camera then after another 30 seconds or so displayed 4 in total then another 30 seconds it increased to 5 - then another 30 seconds later 6 out of 9)
Yes I was on 1.36.XX before I started
When I click from console on a thumb nail on the left side or the name of the camera - it displays the live feed after the long delay. If I click on the event side it goes into the relevant event time view and you can click on the event and they play fine

Regards
Dave
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

Well. I have the same setup and not seeing that issue.
I hope someone else has an idea. Sorry.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

What values are in the Maximum FPS and Alarm Maximum FPS fields?
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
GingerDave

Post by GingerDave »

Hello All,

I have built a new server running zoneminder 1.36.28 using ubuntu server 22.04.1 LTS using the script shown on this webpage
https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu_Serv ... der_1.36.x

The only thing I changed was setting the timezone in PHP to match the server - I disabled IPV6 and set a static server IP

The problem is replicated on a new build in the same way using monitor only. Log is Green

The Maximum FPS and Alarm Maximum FPS fields are at the default settings (nothing changed from defaults).

Any ideas anyone ?
Many Thanks
Dave
GingerDave

Post by GingerDave »

Oh this is interesting

- I have tried 2 different PCs both running Windows 11 - with Chrome, Edge and Firefox and they all display the issue
- I tried a raspberry PI running Chrorium and NO ISSUE !

The windows PCs run different anti-virus software different user accounts (including any app accounts etc).

I wonder if anyone else could try ?

Many Thanks
Dave
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

\widows 10 has no problem. Edge, chrome, firefox.

But I've got multiport, too.