Monitor shm not connected

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
swamprats

Monitor shm not connected

Post by swamprats »

I have two identical systems. I have one system that I just upgraded to Ubuntu 22.04. The other is at Ubuntu 20.04. The 20.04 system works great. I have one camera on the 22.04 system that will not start, or when it does I writes three or four frames and starts another event. I deleted the camera and created a new one to create a completely new camera definition which is m5 using the exact same configuration as the Ubuntu 20.04 system. I changed Apache2 to use 8.1 instead of 7.4 which was needed to get the web page to appear. I've attached a debug file for the camera to the note.
Attachments
tableExport.txt
(20.58 KiB) Downloaded 101 times
iconnor

Re: Monitor shm not connected

Post by iconnor »

Looks like you are allocating 50 ImageBuffers. This is no longer necessary. Change ImageBuffers to 3 or 5 or something like that. Set MaxImageBuffers to whatever ImageBuffers was, or even more. It will only use them if needed.
swamprats

Post by swamprats »

Changed the image buffers, but ZM still posts Monitor shm not connected on the Ubuntu 22.04 server. Fortunately the ubuntu 20.04 server is working great. Oh ZM V 1.36.26 I left that out of the original post.
swamprats

Post by swamprats »

ZMDC.log reports malloc(): corrupted top size for the camera not working.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

How about an updated debug log for that.

The message implies writing too long of a string somewhere... buffer overflow type of thing.
swamprats

Post by swamprats »

Made some changes. I wiped the partition containing Ubuntu 22.04 and zoneminder. Installed Ubuntu 22.04 from the iso. Installed ZM, configured it, got it working, and the camera that was failing is still failing. I've attached those two debug logs. The system is having problems getting the previous jobs to end, they are just hung and they pile up. I've attached those two logs of the startup and failure. Interestingly enough with zmdc, I did not get the malloc() error.
Attachments
zm_debug.log.09036.txt
(619.32 KiB) Downloaded 54 times
zm_debug.log.9002.txt
(15.12 KiB) Downloaded 44 times
swamprats

Post by swamprats »

Loaded 1.36.38 and now on the Ubuntu 22.04 system and can't view logs in the browser. It displays loading please wait. The camera with the problem is not fixed. Changed the capture function to none. zmdc generated zmc has not stopped five times and the PID appears to have ended after that. The Ubuntu 20.04 system still runs great at 1.36.25. Leaving it at that level for now. Both have 32gb ram, and an i9 9900 processor. Both use about the same CPU which is 80% per camera. Memory roughly 3.5gb. The camera not working is lower resolution so it uses less resources when it is running. The cameras running are all UHD and generate 4.6gb .mp4 files hourly. The lower res camera generates 3.8gb files hourly.
swamprats

Post by swamprats »

Updated to 1.36.29. This fixed the logs issue, but still get monitor shm not connected for the camera. Audits are not running, running them manually from the command line (zmaudit.pl) works fine.
swamprats

Post by swamprats »

Changed the authority of /dev/shm to public all and this seems to have fixed the Monitor SHM not connected issue.
figliar

Post by figliar »

"Changed the authority of /dev/shm to public all and this seems to have fixed the Monitor SHM not connected issue."
Hi, can you be please more specific what exactly did you do ?
I have the same problem with one of my cameras,it happens after restart, sometimes it starts to work, sometimes not, it's really frustrating.
I have v1.36.32, the log says "Monitor shm is not connected" and "Failed to capture image from monitor 18 CAM4 (1/1)"
It did not happen on older version 1.34.xy
Thank you very much,
p
ferry777

Post by ferry777 »

figliar wrote: Sun Jan 08, 2023 7:02 pm "Changed the authority of /dev/shm to public all and this seems to have fixed the Monitor SHM not connected issue."
Hi, can you be please more specific what exactly did you do ?
I have the same problem with one of my cameras,it happens after restart, sometimes it starts to work, sometimes not, it's really frustrating.
I have v1.36.32, the log says "Monitor shm is not connected" and "Failed to capture image from monitor 18 CAM4 (1/1) google account manager apk"
It did not happen on older version 1.34.xy
Thank you very much,
p
im also wanna ask about this, chmod 777 right?
FountainCraft

Post by FountainCraft »

i am also having this issue
Attachments
tableExport (3).txt
(31.38 KiB) Downloaded 57 times