%N for Event prefix

Anything you want added or changed in future versions of ZoneMinder? Post here and there's a chance it will get in! Search to make sure it hasn't already been requested.
tinymouse

%N for Event prefix

Post by tinymouse »

A feature I would like to see is being able to use the "%N" (like on the TimeStamp tab) can be used for the Event Prefix in the MISC tab. or if there is some other Monitor ID Name that can be used.

Thanks.
iconnor

Re: %N for Event prefix

Post by iconnor »

Are you willing to pay for this feature? If so I can get it done this week.
tinymouse

Post by tinymouse »

A donation has been sent.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Thank you your donation.

The feature has been implemented and is available in today's 1.37 snapshot.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

So if anyone else wanted this feature (taps the tip jar) you might want to consider a donation.

tinymouse's donation covered about 1/8 of my time to make it happen. I'm happy to do it for them, but I know many people have requested this over the years and they were the first to offer to fund it.

I figured it would take me 30 minutes, so I would have quoted an hour (it always takes twice as long). In reality it took me 2 hours. I'm sure there will be further testing and support issues so who knows what the final time commitment will be.

I'm really excited by the many features/improvements going into 1.37, powered by my paying clients and supporting users. There may be enough in there to skip 1.38 and go straight to 2.0.

So hats off to tinymouse!