Verint S1708e RTP (Not RTSP!) over UDP - help!

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
kraptv

Verint S1708e RTP (Not RTSP!) over UDP - help!

Post by kraptv »

Hi there.

Been working on documenting the generally closed and lightly documented Verint Nextiva S1708E network video digitizer to use with ZoneMinder. I've been able to configure the device on the network and even use rtpbreak/avconv (ffmpeg) to make the data usable and viewable in the two-step process that's not directly

Now, this device sends rtp packets over a particular UDP port to a destination IP address, ideally the ZoneMinder server. This is RTP and not RTSP, so please be mindful that it's a different but related protocol.

What would I need to do to get ZM 1.27+ working with these RTP streams?

I've collected together various bits on a wiki in case anyone wants to take a look but sadly my link in this message to my wiki 'looks too spammy' according to the Forum bot so PM me and I will send the wiki URL out.

If you are in the UK or greater EU and want to extend functionality directly into ZoneMinder, I could probably mail you one of these network digitizers.

Your help and insight would be appreciated! Thanks!
kraptv

Re: Verint S1708e RTP (Not RTSP!) over UDP - help!

Post by kraptv »

So, if someone goes to the web address hack dot rs slash w and enters in the word Verint in the search box, they will find my wiki page.

And of course if someone feels they want to extend the functionality in, let me know and I will mail them a device which they can keep for free...!
twice

Re: Verint S1708e RTP (Not RTSP!) over UDP - help!

Post by twice »

did you ever make any progress with this project?
thanks