1.36.24 - Did not find second keyframe

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
lightguy48

1.36.24 - Did not find second keyframe

Post by lightguy48 »

I upgraded to .24 yesterday and now every monitor / camera on my system is reporting Did not find a second keyframe in the packet queue. It may be that the Max Image Buffer setting is lower than the keyframe interval. We need it to be greater than the keyframe interval.

I've tried increasing the max image buffer it made no difference, I've rebooted all my cameras, tried rebooting the server, nothing seems to resolve the issue. I had no issues on .21 it was working fine, any ideas?
iconnor

Re: 1.36.24 - Did not find second keyframe

Post by iconnor »

Botched code, will be fixed in 1.36.25.

Basically your keyframe interval is too low. Try increasing it and these should at least get reduced if not go away entirely.

I was seeing this too on some vivoteks where the frame rate was 5 and they keyframe interval was 1/4 sec. You will see much better storage use by increasing this as well. My general rule of thumb is 1/sec but depends on available ram.
lightguy48

Re: 1.36.24 - Did not find second keyframe

Post by lightguy48 »

Thanks but unless my math is bad I'm well above the threshold. My frame rate is 6 fps, my keyframe is 12 so a keyframe every 2 seconds, correct?

My buffer is 51 so I should be able to buffer 4 key frames, 12 x 4 = 48, correct? Theoretically my buffer should be able to be as low as 25?

The reason I run at 51 is I had some issues where my pre & post buffer were each 25 and if I set the buffer to 50 or below it would sometimes produce errors but having it 1 frame above those combined buffers seemed to fix the issue.