Motion detection issues

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
rpuffd

Motion detection issues

Post by rpuffd »

I am on ZM 1.32.3 running on CentOS 7 as a VM under ESXi. I tried to update to the latest version of ZM but that went very badly so I reverted back to 1.32.3.

I am generally having issues with motion detection, especially on one camera. I have two Ubiquiti G3 Flex cameras, both running the same/latest firmware. When one of them triggers a motion event, it never stops recording. I have the buffer settings the same for both.

Image Buffer Size (frames)
Warmup Frames
Pre Event Image Count
Post Event Image Count
Stream Replay Image Buffer
Alarm Frame Count

To be honest, I am not happy with either of them as far as motion detection is concerned. I cant seem to get the sensitivity at a level that captures all motion events. I literally have to go directly in front of the camera and wave my arms to get it to trigger an event. There are NO motion detection settings at all in these cameras so that is not an option. What is odd is that both cameras are configured exactly the same, yet one of them never stops recording when an event is triggered. I have rebooted the server to no avail. There are a total of 9 cameras on the system, and only the UBNT cams seem to be poor at motion detection.

I am hoping someone can point me to the proper settings to increase the motion sensitivity, and even better, tell me how to figure out why the one camera never stops recording once an event is triggered.

Thanks in advance for any help/suggestions.