Hikvision DS-2CD2443G0-IW

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
davidma

Hikvision DS-2CD2443G0-IW

Post by davidma »

Just thought I would drop some info about this cam here as there didn't seem to be much out there about it for Zoneminder.

This camera on the Hikvision site:
https://www.hikvision.com/en/products/I ... 43G0-I-W-/

Note: I just left it at the default h.264 and did not attempt h.265 or h.265+. This model has strong improvements (now has true WDR) to the WDR versus the previous 3MP models so that might be a good reason to get this. I also noticed much better low light performance due to an improved minimum lux level.

To get the main stream this seems to work:

rtsp://admin:passwordhere@192.168.1.201:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=1&subtype=0?tcp
Server: None
Source Type: ffmpeg
Method: TCP
Target Colorspace: 32 bits
Capture resolution: <matches what you set for main stream in camera - up to 4MP 2688x1520>

But I suspect this would probably work too and is probably more proper (have yet to try) :

rtsp://admin:passwordhere@192.168.1.201:554/Streaming/Channels/101

For the substream:

rtsp://admin:passwordhere@192.168.1.201:554/Streaming/Channels/102

The substream is more tricky in that if you get it wrong the camera seems like usually it will just silently show the mainstream (which is actually good because something is better than nothing). So you might be clued about this happening due to a warning message telling you the resolution is mismatched (but zoneminder still usually works because it converts it). Another hint is looking at the transfer speed in the console. If really high you are probably actually pulling in the mainstream and not the substream. For example at 4MP the mainstream is about 750 KB/s. At 640x480 the substream for the same is about 14 KB/s-- a BIG difference! By making sure you are using the proper substream you really can reduce the load average.