after upgrading to 1.36.17, blank video in montage, and web_php "Unable to get semaphore." in log

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
iconnor

Re: after upgrading to 1.36.17, blank video in montage, and web_php "Unable to get semaphore." in log

Post by iconnor »

Cool thanks for figuring that out. I have added support for older php and will include that in 1.36.20
asunturd

Re: after upgrading to 1.36.17, blank video in montage, and web_php "Unable to get semaphore." in log

Post by asunturd »

jimrif wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:12 am I was having similar issues and installing the "php-process" package helped a lot.
this helped me on Centos8, thanks alot
meshuggener

Post by meshuggener »

asunturd wrote: Wed Jun 15, 2022 10:04 pm
jimrif wrote: Sun Jun 12, 2022 4:12 am I was having similar issues and installing the "php-process" package helped a lot.
this helped me on Centos8, thanks alot
I can confirm this also fixed the blinking live view on Rocky 8.6 too.
BiloxiGeek

Post by BiloxiGeek »

On a Rocky Linux 8.6 running zoneminder 1.36.19-1 I was getting flicker in the live view. When viewing from my iPad I got no images, no streams.

Installed php-process-7.2.24-1 and both the desktop and iPad viewing is back to normal.
garyc

Post by garyc »

OK, so I found this thread after my ZM running on Centos 7 began blinking, following one of the recent ZM updates.

I installed php7.2 and the issue appeared to be resolved - yey hey, I'm happy.

But today, just a week later, the blinking is back. I have no idea why. I have re-booted the server since installing php7 but other than that, I don't think there have been any OS or package updates. The only thing that has changed is that I installed a new camera and created the monitor in ZM but that was working fine yesterday and until about 15:00 today.

It is as though php7 has been disassociated with ZM but I have no idea how that might happen. Any pointer gratefully received...
Ralphred

Post by Ralphred »

I just upgraded from 1.32.? to 1.36.19, had the same issue listed in users posts here.
Switched from php-7.4.30 to php-8.1.7 and it now appears to be fixed (the flicker in live views and the "semaphore" error)
Can check with php-8.0.20 too, if it would help others.
The video latency is much lower too, down from about 3-5 seconds to ~1 second, sometimes less.
garyc

Post by garyc »

Thanks.

Just checked my system again and whatever the problem is has self-rectified. Clearly something is not quite right in the interactions between the various bits of software but for now I am content - until the next time...
penataquit

Post by penataquit »

Can confirm it's not just a PHP5 problem. After switching over to PHP 7.4 the problem seemed fixed but returned soon after. Now after each reboot the problem disappears for awhile but eventually the semaphore errors come back and the live-view zoom function stops working again. There's definitely more to this issue than just a lack of backward compatibility with older PHP.