Zoneminder Timelapse Scripts

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
tycon

Zoneminder Timelapse Scripts

Post by tycon »

Firstly, thanks to the community and iconnor for the work on Zoneminder!

I wanted to share a timelapse script I developed a while back. I finally got around to writing up a readme and putting it on Github. It is a little rough around the edges but has been working for me for years. The use case I have is several cameras in 'record' mode which this script archives into a timelapse nightly. This is a sort of low framerate (I am using 1 frame per minute) archiving process which allows me to go back to view footage from any day over the past few years.
I set this up on my Zoneminder 1.36.19 system running Ubuntu 22.04. Installation will vary depending on your system and storage options.

https://github.com/smokedsalmonbagel/zo ... -timelapse
iconnor

Re: Zoneminder Timelapse Scripts

Post by iconnor »

That's cool. If saving to mp4 we store a snapshot.jpg and an alarm.jpg. You could use those for the case of not saving jpegs. Also you could use use wget to /index.php?view=image&eid=&fid= to pull a single jpeg from the mp4.
tycon

Re: Zoneminder Timelapse Scripts

Post by tycon »

Great - yea I didn't know about /index.php?view=image&eid=&fid= for jpegs - could be useful.

Also I just learned the way jpegs are stored is "storage schemes" and not having to do with version of Zoneminder. This script assumes the "medium" scheme.