Purge When Full filter for a dedicated drive

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
oops

Purge When Full filter for a dedicated drive

Post by oops »

I added a second drive to my Kubuntu ZM 1.36 I have one 4K camera writing to that drive and it is recording and is about half full. On the ZM Wiki page for adding a dedicated drive there's a 9 step process and step 8 says is "We now need a filter, that will delete on our new storage area. Navigate to filters from the console. OK. Did that. Step 9 is " Choose the PurgeWhenFull filter. Did that. Step 9 then goes on "Add 'storage area' and the default will be equal to, which will work." I don't see a box or other area to add anything or a prompt or a place to add a storage area. Where do I add the storage area too? And then step 9 says "Choose your storage area from the drop down" I can't find a drop down that shows any storage area, not the dedicated drive I installed or any other storage area, there is no drop down to choose from. The only drop down for storage area is on the console and I click on my new storage area and it just gives me options for that but nothing about a purge filter. Am I missing something here? And then step 9 says "You can test the filter now, by clicking on List Matches. Click save, to make the changes permanent" So I click on List Matches and what comes up is a list of events that are stored at the default location and not events stored on my new dedicated drive. I don't understand how I make a Purge When Full filter for my new dedicated storage area. Can anybody lead me out of the darkness?
dougmccrary

Re: Purge When Full filter for a dedicated drive

Post by dougmccrary »

Maybe you're missing the ones at the end [+] [-]
My drives
Screenshot from 2022-06-17 20-26-40.png
Screenshot from 2022-06-17 20-26-40.png (64.33 KiB) Viewed 386 times
One of my filters
Screenshot from 2022-06-17 20-25-38.png
Screenshot from 2022-06-17 20-25-38.png (62.18 KiB) Viewed 386 times
Does that help?
oops

Post by oops »

How did you get the - Storage Area equal to New Storage line in your 4PurgeWhenFull2 filter? I can't bring that up or create it.
I have Archived Status equal to Unarchived Only
Disk Percent greater than or equal to 95
and End date time is not NULL

I don't have a Storage Area equal to New Storage

Any idea how to create that?
Attachments
zmfilter.jpg
zmfilter.jpg (143.96 KiB) Viewed 375 times
oops

Post by oops »

OK I got it figured out. All them little down arrows are for a drop down box to create new filters. I feel like a dummy now. Thanks for the help. :oops:
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

Yeah, you can't have the dropdowns and take a screenshot. I guess I should have made a video... :wink: