Windows Live Viewer..27-11-05 Now Complete Frontend for ZM!!

If you've made a patch to quick fix a bug or to add a new feature not yet in the main tree then post it here so others can try it out.
jameswilson

Windows Live Viewer..27-11-05 Now Complete Frontend for ZM!!

Post by jameswilson »

update 20/6/06
This is getting to long for people to frequent. I have updated my webserver and will just announce updates here. Please visit
http://www.jpwilson.eu/
and then zm4ms
Thanks

update 9/11/05

Basically i have fully rewritten it.the old one was a first atttepmt not bad but we are getting there now. I felt the previous version looked unprofessional from a users point of view. Also it was very dumb.

New version does all as before exept i have removed cycle in anticipation of new feature hitting the zm server (cycling streams)

Features

Views Pip, 4 way, 9 way, 13 way, 24 way, 36 way and custom view
All cameras now are in resizeable windows, with a progress bar at the top showing image load status.

Pressing the default view buttons accross the tool bar will open 4, 9 or 36 way etc as expexted. These views will automatically be scaled to fit the size of the window whether the window is maximised or not. I have tested it down to 640 x 480 but why you would want a 36 way split on 640x480 monitor i donk know.
As all windows are now sizeable and moveable they can be positioned, closed and sized as required then pressing save view will remeber the current view and pressing recall view will load this custom view. I think end users will like this one.

As before refresh rates are lowered on the bigger views to prevent overloading of server and bandwidth.

Before clicking on an image opened the spot monitor, i have removed this as it seemed to be abused by end users (ie left open perminantly) and replaced it with full screen view. Double clicking the camera title bar will maximise the current cam to fill the main apps window size. WHen this happens it will change its update rate from whatever it was befopre to 2 fps (bandwidth permitting)

Now clicking on the image loads a pause still image of what was there when you clicked. clicking again gets a new image etc. I plan to be able to save this print when i finish that part.

I have also added a low, med and high quality button. Does the obvious in favour of update speed on low bandwith connections.

Also added a weblogin button that currently just loads mozilla (well any program really, just enter the path and exe in settings), this is temp until i get started on either a playback app or better control of mozilla for playback purposes.

Settings has now changed and all that is required is as ip and a start monitor number

When you open settings you will see a group of boxes on the left that relate to IP and MON. IP being zm server IP and MON being monitor number on that server. If you have your monitors seqentially ordered starting at 1, if you enter the ip of the server and a 1 in cam 1 ip and mon and press the buttons at the top marked 'copy ip' and Auto numbewr monitors it will fill out all 36 for you.

Then check the path is correct (default should work with most but ctu zm needs an additional /zm after cgi-bin

Also in here you will find default refresh rate in milliseconds

and the password settings.

Available here

http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... c&start=45

http://www.jpwilson.eu/version2/zm4msbeta.zip
*EDIT ABOVE* original removed due to adding licence info

This one should be far more use than the last

Old news
previous verison below

I have written a small app to do live streaming from a zm box without the hassles of ie, mozilla etc. At the moment it can do quad (4 way), 9 way small images and 9 way normal size images. Its my first app and its done in visual studio 2005. When i say its my first app it is all i have done before is database work in access.

Anyway once you have downloaded, unzip contents to your favoritre directory and click on the setup program.

Load program

On load you wont see a lot only the quad saying awaiting images. Click on settings and enter your jpeg url for zm (could be an ip cam for that matter i suppose) in each camera location ie

Cam 1
[/url]http://192.167.0.3/cgi-bin/zm/nph-zms?m ... stream[url]

notice the stream user id and name.

On your zm box and a user called stream with a password of stream to view stream, (get the idea)

Click on save and away you go.

Any probs come back to me, and please be gentle i new to programming

James[/url]

Availabel From http://www.jpwilson.eu/

Comments welcome!
Last edited by jameswilson on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:11 am, edited 11 times in total.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Excellent James!

Any screen shots?

Phil
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

yeah sorry didint think

BTW you will need the .net framework, if you havnt got the installe should auto download it for you. You will need to restart.

Tested on win 2k sp4 and xp sp2

James
Last edited by jameswilson on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:13 am, edited 3 times in total.
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi James

Iam trying to dl the app. but my connection seems to time out / fail.

Even if i try to open 1 of your pics.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

should be ok but i is only on 512k broadband i have downloaded stuff from home loads so i dont think its me what happens when you try?

James
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi James

Iam in the process now just waiting for it to time out or what it might do, atm it have been around 2 mins to get as far as 39% in progress bar in IE after clicking the link.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

try right clicking and select save link as
or i can mail it you if your stuck as its only little
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hi James

I cant right click either, so if you would try and email the package that would be great.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

ive only downloaded wth ie

Mailing now

James
voronwe

Post by voronwe »

Hmm that is odd, but thanks for emailing it to me.
Best Regards
Tom Stage
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

no probs, i might have a problem at my end, i just downloaded via ie but that was on the lan so i dunno

James
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

Update
Currently testing new version
Upto 36 cameras, Picture in picrure, Quad, Quad full screen cycle, quad with 1 quandrant cycle, 7 way, 9 way, 12 way, 16 way, 24 way, 36 way.
running 36 cams uses 32 Mb Ram and less than 2% processor so still quite light.

Well post when i think its ready.

James
Last edited by jameswilson on Tue Aug 08, 2006 7:13 am, edited 2 times in total.
cordel

Post by cordel »

Holly smokes,
I don't know how you sliped this one past me.
Guess I should check the contribes topic more often.
Sweet job James. I can see this being used by many.

Here's an Idea for you. Since your a DB person, Might be able to setup the application to pull the camera info right from mysql. That would make configuration as simple as:
Machine name/ip
port
db name
user
pass

then do a query to retrive/update the configuration in a flat file or how ever you have the config stored now. You should be able to use ODBC for this.
Just a thought.
Regards,
Cordel
PS again, great job
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

I thought of that but would be difficult to make it do more than 1 machine at a time, plus how would i get on opening up mysql to the web, This app was jsut a simple multi-machine viewer, ie, pull images from 4 zm, 1 zm and a few ip cams etc etc.

Id like to look at another app that pulled data from mysql as it could handle proper login, live view plyabck etc. As i put in a previous post i crerated a playback app that used access and odbc and samba for actually getting to the images. I had thought about creating a vpn server on the zm machine, then call that connection from the viewer app but didnt think more of it really. Any ways im gonna finish off and release this for now then maybe start a bigger project. (not sure on a lot as all i know is vba lol )

James
cordel

Post by cordel »

By default on most distros it's already on port 3306 I think it is. Actualy it would be best to creat a special user that has read access only to the Monitors table and can access the database (only that table) from any host. You my use ODBC if it's setup on the zm server or get the mysql client for the windoz box.

[house1video]
host=<host/ip>
port=3306
db=zm
user=me
pass=foo

[housevideo2]
host=<host/ip>
port=3306
db=zm
user=me
pass=bar

An exapmle for auto conf for more than one machine:
If you create a flat file and set a loop to query all the databases in the the flat file. The app could get the camera info for differant machines and append the flat file for the cameras.
I'd leave these two files seperate incase you don't want to have the app autoconfig and have more control.

Of coarse this is just a suggestion and we should be more than happy you are donating you time and this application to GPL I assume :D
Cheers,
Cordel