help with analog cameras with bnc connectors.

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
devlin016

help with analog cameras with bnc connectors.

Post by devlin016 »

How can I get lorex analog cameras to connect to zoneminder. I have several foscam ip cams installed but I would like to tie the old lorex cameras from the old system into zoneminder. I have briefly did some googleing. i saw the option to use a tuner card in a server on the wiki. or on ebay I think i saw some encoders or some other name im not sure it was really random searching of keywords. I need 4 channels. the lorex cams have bnc connectors are analog video and are high defination. cant remember resolution im not at location. dont think it was 4k. probably 1080. thank you for anyone that gives me advice this is time critical for me. as i need to watch my business as I leave for long periods of time and people seem to be crazy these days. im fairly knowledgeable in computers some coding and things like that. im proficient some would say professional in linux. just maybe not as good yet with this learning curve yet.
devlin016

Re: help with analog cameras with bnc connectors.

Post by devlin016 »

forgot to mention i dont like the tuner card solution as i dont want to increase the load on my server. id prefer a stand alone encoder solution that doesnt cost a arm and a leg.
devlin016

Post by devlin016 »

I found this on ebay and i think it might be a good solution for me. can anyone confirm? https://www.ebay.com/itm/293886628601
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

I can’t confirm, however two questions:

The resolution doesn’t look real high, so check that.
Also whether the cameras are individually addressable so ZM can be pointed at each one.
Hopefully the seller can advise on that.
devlin016

Post by devlin016 »

I seen the resolution and was thinking maybe thats acceptable for time being. I really just need something mission critical for now. i cant go into details but I expect crime and I have no choice but to leave the property and said other people know that. it did say 4 channels can be viewed at same time. I understand that zm needs a constant feed from all cams.
devlin016

Post by devlin016 »

i was able to get feeds of the cameras from the lorex pvr using link 'rtsp://username:password@IP:554/cam/realmonitor?channel=ChannelNumber&subtype=0' in the cameras native resolution and lorex pvr feeds all channels all cameras at same time. it works well just for this as a encoder.