Audio in live stream

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
kp4djt

Audio in live stream

Post by kp4djt »

Is there any possibility of getting audio with the live stream, I recall something about 1.33, but so far have not seen it. If not what would be a solution to being able to monitor a group of cameras real time bring one to the forefront and hear the audio, then go to ZM to check the history and see what else was captured.

Need something somewhat like ZMNinja that looks directly at the camera streams, for real time monitoring. But of course ZMNinja is talking to ZM so it is not capturing the real time audio either.

I understand all of the legal issues, where I live they are not too deep, so that is not and issue. We just have to post all of the areas that are under camera monitoring.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
ZM demo www.wchast.com/zm
iconnor

Re: Audio in live stream

Post by iconnor »

Not with ZM at this time. Hopefully soon.
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

Any time frame? I was also thinking of some sort of second server just for the live streams, I could use the second lower bandwidth stream coming from the cameras, the only thing that I have found that will do that is Shinobi but it has other issues so not sure about it.

I will have ZM running as the DVR but need some way to monitor the live streams so that one can be selected and monitored in real time.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
gervasi

Post by gervasi »

Any time frame?
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

I just tried to install Shinobi as a work around as it was working but when it get the the NPR downloads it all fails. So my fallback has fallen.

Is there any sort of multi camera monitor which I can use in parallel with ZM while the live stream audio is being developed? I sure need this in some form or another.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
Eiserfeyer

Post by Eiserfeyer »

TinyCam(pro) in Android? Works without problems if you need live audio. But I would also prefer to have it only running with zm and Ninja 🙃
Bluemax

Post by Bluemax »

iconnor wrote: Tue Aug 25, 2020 3:54 pm Not with ZM at this time.
Does 'Event Viewer' support it when saving videos on 'h264 passthrough'?
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

Any progress on audio in live stream?? Sure do need that. I am using some
work arounds but not pretty. Last I saw was possibly 1.33 but that has come
and gone. ZM otherwise is working quite well.
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
apber

Post by apber »

It's a fair surprise to me that ZM doesn't support live audio. How hard would be to implement this? WebRTC needed?

I just migrated from Ispy Agent. Used it for years but in the last release they turned HTTPS access into a paid-only feature. ZM is much more robust.
kp4djt

Post by kp4djt »

Is there any update on live audio? I have a site that needs it, I am presently using another product but want to migrate it to ZM
Chuck Hast -- KP4DJT --
Web site www.wchast.com
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

In master there is experimental janus support, which does the viewing in h264 including audio.

Very experimental.

If you want a feature you should consider paying for it.
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

apber wrote: Sun Jun 27, 2021 3:20 pm Used it for years but in the last release they turned HTTPS access into a paid-only feature.
Put Apache2 or Nginx in front of it as a proxy and let it do the HTTPS for you. Just a thought...
apber

Post by apber »

alabamatoy wrote: Wed Mar 30, 2022 1:08 pm Put Apache2 or Nginx in front of it as a proxy and let it do the HTTPS for you. Just a thought...
That's what I was doing, but on the next update the developer disallowed that. Seeing what an a**hole of a programmer one has to be to do something like that, I decided to just ditch that solution and go full Zoneminder. Best decision.
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

This is kinda old thread, but worth mentioning that recording functionality in new master includes audio, if your camera supports it. So while its not live, its certainly is a way to get the audio.
apber

Post by apber »

Yes, that's been supported from a long time. But this thread is about audio on the live stream.