ZoneMinder Client App

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
kysdaddy

Re: ZoneMinder Client App

Post by kysdaddy »

Am I missing something, it won't let me log in.
Says an error occurred
no account was found matching that user name and password.
yaronimo

Post by yaronimo »

kysdaddy wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 1:08 pm Am I missing something, it won't let me log in.
Says an error occurred
no account was found matching that user name and password.
Hi,
I've passed the credentials page by using the following url:
http://<zm_server_ip_address>/zm

and since then the loading circle is turning forever...

Does anyone know how to overcome this issue?

Thanks in advance,

Yaron
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

basic versus digest authentication, perhaps?
SBCDave

Post by SBCDave »

ZmNinja takes forever to load live camera views for my wife and I and I had been planning to build a simple webpage to display all the live feeds in a mobile friendly two column website where the frames for each video are also links to that stream viewed all by itself. I'll give this app a whirl instead.

Luckily we have Open VPN and my wife and I can each easily connect to the home network, so the security in my network can be pretty much wide open and we're only vulnerable if they can hack my 2048 bit keyed vpn.

Any body see any pitfalls I might run into if I decide to go that route?
SBCDave

Post by SBCDave »

Also, my wife uses iPhone, did you ever get around to porting it for iPhone?
SBCDave

Post by SBCDave »

Wow this is sweet, thanks.

Being able to look at all the cameras at once while sliding back through time is awesome!

I'm having some trouble with it though where it says:
Could not load video for this time. Actively recording events may not be available.

My setup breaks events into 30 second clips.

And my wife is dying for the iphone version after seeing a little demo :)
LennyCorp

Post by LennyCorp »

Sorry for all of the authentication issues. I guess ZM provides a lot of options, and I just made it work for how my server is set up. It might not work if you have an alternate configuration.

The "Actively recording events may not be available" is an issue I encountered with how ZM records the videos. For example, in my set up, I have ZM continuously recording 10 minute clips. While the clip is recording, you can not pull the video from it. But ZM does provide the ability to get the "live" stream. So I can see what is happening right now, or what happened during the last clip (over 10 minutes ago). But if I hear a loud bang outside, and I want to see what it was, I have to wait up to 10 minutes for that clip to stop recording before I can view it. This is very inconvenient, and made me lose interest in this project for the last couple of months. If anybody has suggestions on how to overcome this issue, it would be appreciated.

As for an iOS app, I built this app with Flutter, which is a cross platform platform. I should be able to compile it to run on iOS pretty easily. As well as native Windows/MacOS/Linux apps. I just haven't had the time to do so. If there was enough interest, then I might put some more time into this project.
SBCDave

Post by SBCDave »

Thanks. We would love the iOS version for my wife.

Suggestion for your issue, reduce your clip length to something like 30 seconds so you don't have to wait so long.

We use 30 second clips though and don't seem to be able to go back in time with it.
bento

Post by bento »

Hello, I performed the donwload of the client but when accessing it just keeps loading infinitely...
SBCDave

Post by SBCDave »

I'm having the same problem now and zm ninja stopped working too. I'm wondering if it may be an Android thing