Upgrade to 1.37.16 with 2 servers isolates camera VLAN

Current Development version likely to have breaking changes
sideband

Upgrade to 1.37.16 with 2 servers isolates camera VLAN

Post by sideband »

It started out working great.. I installed 1.37.12 over 1.36.something...

1.37.12 worked OK - had some issues streaming through a reverse proxy, but nothing I couldn't work around.

Starting with .14 I could no longer stream to any VLAN other than VLAN 1 - and could not stream the cameras outside of the LAN at all. this means I couldn't check the cams when on the work laptop at all (work requires an isolated VLAN for working from home - easy enough to configure).

Starting with .16, ZM can no longer see any VLANs other than VLAN 1 - meaning neither of the two servers can see any cameras on the camera VLAN at all.

Short of setting up a second reverse proxy so ZM can connect to the cameras through it, what else am I missing?

No other network or OS changes have occurred.

I went as far as to set up a third VM just to test if it was network config (VLAN 1 default, cam and work VLANs configured on the same interface)... that was a no go, even with a new, local database.

I'm at a loss here, and I have a feeling converting the DB back to 1.36.X isn't going to be possible.

Hepl?
iconnor

Re: Upgrade to 1.37.16 with 2 servers isolates camera VLAN

Post by iconnor »

Going back to 1.36 is completely fine. Juts install it and run zmupdate.pl.

I can't think of any changes to zm that would affect camera connectivity. ZM doesn't know anything about your vlans.

In short, I don't think this is a ZM problem.

Start with ping. Can the machine ping the cameras? If so, then turn on debug logging and look in your logs.
sideband

Post by sideband »

The VMs can ping IPs on every VLAN that is connected to them, including the cameras, the PoE switches, etc.

After the install (apt update) I saw the traffic on the cams VLAN go from he usual 8Mbit/s down to zero. ONVIF will not find the cams from within ZM, but onvif apps (and nmap, etc) can see the cameras just fine.

This is not a networking issue.. so it's either a ZM configuration issue (I didn't change the config....) or it's a new bug.

Is there anything to running multiple servers on 1.37 besides just putting their names and IPs in the "Servers" list? Could that be part of the symptoms I'm seeing now that I'm on 1.37?

The work VLAN can see the ZM websites on the two VMs just fine, but since the update to 1.37, (multi-server worked flawlessly prior to 1.37) could not stream video.. montage review would say "CAMERA OFFLINE". Same for viewing the cams through the reverse-proxy.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

1.37 is bleeding edge development. I suggest you go back to 1.36.
sideband

Post by sideband »

So I just did as you suggested and reinstalled 1.36 and ran the zmupdate.pl

All the cams came back online without making a single other change.

Just an FYI.