Zoneminder stuck in Stopped State

Discussions related to the 1.36.x series of ZoneMinder
pb0909

Re: Zoneminder stuck in Stopped State

Post by pb0909 »

Do those of you running truenas have access to a command line and/or the ZM logs?
Yes, and yes... command line can be done via shell inside the Truenas GUI for the individual jails or even globally for the Truenas box if necessary. ZM logs, i assume you mean the logs from the ZM Web UI, there is literally nothing in the ZM logs, I even set the LOG_DEBUG_LEVEL to 9, still no information to work with, I guess this is because the run state is stopped?
dougmccrary

Post by dougmccrary »

The idea is to try to start ZM from the ZM command line. You should get a clue right there in response to the command.
DDB455

Post by DDB455 »

OK, just got it working but not sure I like the way I did. I don't really like running latest and greatest versions of things, but this is working.

I manually updated to the 13.0, go to https://download.freenas.org/

TrueNAS-13.0-MASTER-202204140502-manual-update-unsigned.tar

Then ran this in shell to select the 13.0 plugins:

iocage fetch --server ftp-archive.freebsd.org --root-dir /Pub/freebsd-archive/old-releases/amd64/

Went into zoneminder and it was in running status.

Best of luck
pb0909

Post by pb0909 »

Thank you so much, I have followed this and can confirm that this has resolved my issue also.

One tiny note, RE. selecting the plugin version, I had to use the following type case (case sensitive) to correctly run this command on my system (just in case anyone else gets this problem).

iocage fetch --server ftp-archive.freebsd.org --root-dir /pub/FreeBSD-Archive/old-releases/amd64/
rkbest

Post by rkbest »

I tried the solution today. Everything got updated and the command also ran fine (from second post). But my Zoneminder still is stopped despite reboort truenas and the plugin itself. Any suggestion?