Unable to send stream frame: Broken pipe anytime closing live stream

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
bulldog

Unable to send stream frame: Broken pipe anytime closing live stream

Post by bulldog »

Hi,

I'm running Zoneminder v1.30.0 in a FreeBSD Jail. Everything works fine except this error that I get anytime I close the live stream window and the zms process ends it looks like. I can open the live stream back up, and camera works fine, goto close it. and it writes another ERR entry of this in the log, it'll go on as many times as i do it. Any ideas? I couldn't find anything on google or the forums.

zms 102005 ERR Unable to send stream frame: Broken pipe zm_monitor.cpp 3927
knight-of-ni

Re: Unable to send stream frame: Broken pipe anytime closing live stream

Post by knight-of-ni »

This is by design, and it doesn't happen all the time. It's simply telling you that the connection to the client stopped, which it has.
Downgrading the message to Info might be appropriate.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
bulldog

Post by bulldog »

knnniggett wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:28 pm This is by design, and it doesn't happen all the time. It's simply telling you that the connection to the client stopped, which it has.
It DOES happen every single time. Every single time i open the live stream, and close it, It writes this ERR message to the log.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

bulldog wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 10:07 pm It DOES happen every single time. Every single time i open the live stream, and close it, It writes this ERR message to the log.
Maybe for you, but not everyone else.
Regardless of how many times it happens, that error by itself is not an indication there is something wrong with your system.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
bulldog

Post by bulldog »

So if its "simply telling you the connection to the client stopped" then why would it only happen when it feels like? The connection stops to the client whenever the live stream ends. I'm sure i'm not the only person who seems to have it happen every time.
Either way. how can this be eliminated? It causes my Log to turn to an alert state which is false.
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Go back and re-read everything I've said, especially the first response. You're acting as though I told you I wasn't going to do anything about this, when in fact I told you exactly what I was intending to do, in my very first response! If something isn't clear to you or you don't understand what I said, then feel free to ask questions. However, I will spend my free time helping someone else if you continue to make arguments based on false assumptions.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

turn off the logs.....I have setups that work but spit errors all day.......I don't see them because there not there...result...no worries.
bulldog

Post by bulldog »

Any update on downgrading this ERR event?
elchavodel8

Post by elchavodel8 »

I have same error every time i see recorded events and close them
pat2

Post by pat2 »

knight-of-ni wrote: Sun Apr 30, 2017 1:28 pm This is by design, and it doesn't happen all the time. It's simply telling you that the connection to the client stopped, which it has.
hi knight,

i'm receiveng the same error message. I understood that is by design. In my case it happens all the time i close a recorded stream.
Since it's annoying please could you explain how it is possible to downgrade the message.

thanks.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ZM 1.36.34 - 14 cameras on Orange Pi 5 (arm64) - Ubuntu Jammy 22.04
Redstorm

Post by Redstorm »

Same here, needs to be downgraded to INFO instead of ERROR

Zoneminder 1.32.3
narad

Post by narad »

Zoneminder 1.36.12

This still shows as a warning, turning my otherwise nice green log button into yellow...
Feels like downgrading this to INFO, or even DEBUG would be nice.

I noticed it is correlated in my system with disk caching memory utilization going up (as shown in htop, also in yellow, in a suspicious coincidence :-) ).
Is there any chance it is related to the speed of the storage device and rate of recording?