flat css error

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
alabamatoy

flat css error

Post by alabamatoy »

Getting lots of errors like the following:

Code: Select all

2020-12-24 14:13:19	web_php		2206	ERR	Invalid skin css 'flat' setting to base	/usr/share/zoneminder/www/index.php	116
The line it references is the error message, which really doesnt help much. I have searched and there are several threads about this issue, but they all seem to be much older versions than 1.34

Any suggestions?
alabamatoy

Re: flat css error

Post by alabamatoy »

I have selected every possible option display and config settingsd related to CSS, and saved and restarted, same thing, log is filled with the flat error.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

You need to select it in options -> Display
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

iconnor wrote: Fri Dec 25, 2020 6:34 pm You need to select it in options -> Display
I have selected every possible alternative in the "display" window, saved, and restarted ZM. Error persists. Even rebooted the OS as well, same thing.
alabamatoy

Post by alabamatoy »

I believe I discovered the cause of this error. The "flat" CSS is read from a cookie. If you carry over a cookie from a previous version of ZM, you get this error, apparently there is some stuff in the cookie that wont work with the new version.

Deleting all the cookies for the site eliminated the nonstop stream of errors in the log.

This might be a worthwhile addition to the upgrade instructions, to delete all cookies for the site in your browser during the upgrade. Or perhaps, if this error is encountered, force deletion and reset of the cookie in the code.