Jumpy Timeline Loading - Mismatched Motion Detection

Previous development branch now released as 1.36
mfitch

Jumpy Timeline Loading - Mismatched Motion Detection

Post by mfitch »

Hello everyone! I recently upgraded from ZoneMinder 1.34.x to 1.35.2 on Ubuntu 18.04 using the official PPA. After the upgrade, the timeline when viewing events is jumpy, causing a mismatch in the portion flagged with motion until the entire timeline is loaded on the viewing client.

I think it's because the client only downloads part of the video and once the end of that buffer is reached it downloads the next chunk and updates the total length of the timeline. In other words, the "total length" of the video increases as more video is viewed so the progress slider jumps back showing a lower percent of the video.

Is there a way to either increase the buffer size to the entire video at the start or tell the client what the real total timeline length is? I didn't have this problem when running 1.34.x. Thank you for such a great product!
dougmccrary

Re: Jumpy Timeline Loading - Mismatched Motion Detection

Post by dougmccrary »

Remember, 1.35 master is development.
I believe 1.34.11 is latest RELEASE.
LBDG

Post by LBDG »

I have found a solution in firefox that works for me by increasing the "media.cache_resume_treshold" and "media.cache_readhead_limit"
https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/questions/1168957
It stills takes a few second to load the full timeline but at least it is functional with the alarms.

See post
viewtopic.php?f=40&t=29332
mfitch

Post by mfitch »

Thank you for this workaround! I'll give it a shot.