Event Notification firing for motion outside perimeter

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
vityav

Event Notification firing for motion outside perimeter

Post by vityav »

Hello,
I currently have a monitor set up with two zones, one on my driveway and one facing the street. I want to record all motion on the street (recently had my mailbox vandalized), but only send me event server notifications when there's motion in my driveway so my phone isn't buzzing for every car passing by. I was under the impression that the way to do this was define a perimeter in objectconfig.ini, but I'm still getting notifications for all street motion, just with it telling me it sees a car in my driveway (my car, which isn't moving).

Am I misusing the perimeter, or misunderstanding how the perimeter should work? If having a static object inside the perimeter is an issue, is there another way to achieve what I'm attempting?

Copy of the monitor section (where the 2D coordinates were copied directly from the zone):

Code: Select all

[monitor-1]
# my driveway
match_past_detections=no
wait=5
detect_pattern=(person|car|motorbike|bus|truck|cat|dog)
#import_zm_zones=yes
my_driveway_perimeter=0,328 1680,938 1199,988 593,936 289,1277 5,1292
resize=no
models=yolo

Thanks
asker

Re: Event Notification firing for motion outside perimeter

Post by asker »

What is happening is ZM is trigger motion events on your streets. This results in hooks being triggered. The hook finds a car, and sees it intersects your polygon in objectconfig.ini so it sends a notification.

A few options:

a) Look at match_past_detections in objectconfig.ini -set it to yes. that may help you
b) Note that hooks are an expensive operation, ideally you should configure your zone sensitivity in ZM such that mostly real motion triggers things, otherwise you'll have your hooks running almost all the time. One option is to set this monitor to "mocord" and only define your driveway as a zone.
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
vityav

Re: Event Notification firing for motion outside perimeter

Post by vityav »

I'm going to give matching past detections a shot to see how it does.

I think mocord is a bit too write-intensive for me, and my CPU utilization isn't an issue for a car every 5-10 minutes, but I might switch to a duplicate monitor with one zone per monitor and just trigger events on one. Or just leave notifications to the email filter which works per zone.

Thanks for the help!