Combining a dome camera with motion detection and ZM?

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
ekiboy69

Combining a dome camera with motion detection and ZM?

Post by ekiboy69 »

Hello,

Has anybody tried or even considered the following: what about using a dome camera that has a built-in motion detection? I have heard that Panasonic has a model that is able to "follow" (pan & tilt) moving objects. This feature would in my opinion be a killer app combined with ZM.

I'll dig the model up and post it here.
ekiboy69

Still missing the essential information

Post by ekiboy69 »

The make and model of the camera is Sony SNC-RZ30P.

http://www.sonybiz.net/netstation%5E/te ... &OID=78391

I am still waiting for an asnwer from a user whether the camera actually is able to follow movement.
ekiboy69

False information - the camera does not follow motion

Post by ekiboy69 »

Hei,

I just received a comment of a user of the Sony camera mentioned above. The camera does not follow moving objects.

Are there any cameras able to do that?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

bosch make a dome ptz that does but its about 2k and need rs485 Never used one though

James
ekiboy69

2k but what currency?

Post by ekiboy69 »

Hi,

2k but in what currency?
jameswilson

Post by jameswilson »

pounds im afraid
SyRenity

Post by SyRenity »

Hi.

AFAIK, the latest ZM includes such experemental feature to follow the moving objects. Check the docs for more info, and these threads:
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... t=tracking
http://www.zoneminder.com/forums/viewto ... t=tracking
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

The feature won't continuously follow a moving object however when motion is initially detected it will turn the camera to center the motion until no more motion is detected whereby the camera will (optionally) be returned to a home orientation. It should work with any camera that can map image co-ordinates to pan/tilt instructions, this includes the Axis and Panasonic IP cams as well as (with a bit of calibration) any camera that allows a relative movement from the current orientation.

Phil
ekiboy69

Extremely interesting

Post by ekiboy69 »

Hello,

This feature looks very interesting. What would be the best buy of compatible low end cameras to test this out? I am talking about the models available in EU.
zoneminder
Site Admin

Post by zoneminder »

Assuming you are talking about indoor cameras, and also assuming low-end means not dirt cheap, I would take a look at the Panasonic PTZ IP cameras. They have limited PTZ range to ok to put in a corner of a room and be able to turn to see anything that might happen.

Phil