I keep needing to reauthenticate

Previous development branch now released as 1.36
digitaldaz

I keep needing to reauthenticate

Post by digitaldaz »

I think this was happening before I upgraded too.

Recently in the past couple of weeks both I and others users can browse around the console interface but when going to a camera view, just a blank page is displayed.

I checked the logs and saw that there is an authentication problem. I have found that by logging out of the gui and logging back in, this fixes the problem. This has never happened in a couple of years of using this system until the last couple of weeks.

Can anyone shed any light on this please.

TIA
Daz
iconnor

Re: I keep needing to reauthenticate

Post by iconnor »

When you say blank page do you mean completely blank or just not image? If it is completely blank, this is because php has crashed. There should be errors logged in your apache logs.

I havn't seen any cases where an authentication problem would cause a php crash, but it could happen.

Alternatively if it just doesn't have an image, that would be because zms isn't able to authenticate. This can be due to timezone issues. Things like daylight savings time can make this happen if your timezone is incorrect. There should be errors in your log about it though.

As always check the logs.
digitaldaz

Re: I keep needing to reauthenticate

Post by digitaldaz »

Thank you, I should have been more clear, its just the image and now you mention it we have just had daylight savings time, I did see in the logs an authentication problem. I will look deeper now but thanks for pointing me in the right direction.