Possibly to automatically merge alarms close together in time without extending a single alarm?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
GeorgeDuckett

Possibly to automatically merge alarms close together in time without extending a single alarm?

Post by GeorgeDuckett »

Hi,

Been using ZoneMinder for a little while now (couple of months) and it's really great! Quite often I'll get two alarms quite close together (within one minute maybe) where someone goes past a camera, then comes back shortly afterwards. Ideally I'd like to get one event, where the alarms are close enough together in time, rather than two.

I found a setting that extends an alarm which I think would mean they'd get merged if the second one did occur within that time-frame, however this also means that the duration of all my individual alarms are extended out as well. Is it possible to be able to merge alarms together without the initial one being extended where there isn't a second one?
rakali

Re: Possibly to automatically merge alarms close together in time without extending a single alarm?

Post by rakali »

I am looking for this functionality as well. Did you find any success?
GeorgeDuckett

Re: Possibly to automatically merge alarms close together in time without extending a single alarm?

Post by GeorgeDuckett »

Unfortunately not. I looked around for quite a bit before posting.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

This wouldn't be all that difficult... the point is... why?

If events are related, then we should recognize the relation, not smush them together.

When viewing, when done the first event, we automatically go to the next... so what is the point of smuhsing them together? Do the #'s bother you? They shouldn't.

Please give some explanation why you feel the need to to tidy your db in this way.
GeorgeDuckett

Post by GeorgeDuckett »

Thanks for the reply, I've set it up to send emails, and I'd rather have just one with a longer video rather than 2 (or a few) emails with videos to watch.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Ah, now we get to it!

I was thinking about this the other day. Currently we send 1 email for each event, but what if we sent 1 email listing all matches? I think this would help.
GeorgeDuckett

Post by GeorgeDuckett »

Hi, yes that would help. From my point of view 1 event would be best, but I can see the reasons for not doing that.

Events combined into one email would help a lot, as long as the email could include all attachments the individual ones would've had well as still being able to customise the subject using placeholders like we can now.