[SOLVED] getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-xxxxxxs.sock does not exist.

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.34.x releases only.
UnicornDuctTape

[SOLVED] getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-xxxxxxs.sock does not exist.

Post by UnicornDuctTape »

New-ish install (I had this issue with 1.32 too but 1.34 got released before I fixed it) and getting the following error when I try to monitor a camera...
getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-063117s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc for more information. - checkStreamForErrors()
When I checked /var/run/zm/ did contain zms-063117w.sock (note the W). Clearly other people aren't getting this, so am I missing something obvious?
Last edited by UnicornDuctTape on Fri Feb 14, 2020 10:06 am, edited 1 time in total.
Currently building: Home Automation Server [FreeBSD 12.1 / nginx / mysql + zoneminder + openhab]
Rolls of Unicorn duct tape used this year: 1
rockedge

Re: getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-xxxxxxs.sock does not exist.

Post by rockedge »

You are not alone. I see these errors when something does not have the correct permissions for example. But also it could indicate something is missing or the /cgi-bin is not reachable. Check the config files in /etc/zm.
This error does indicate that you are close to a successful startup of ZM
UnicornDuctTape

Re: getStreamCmdResponse stream error: Socket /var/run/zm/zms-xxxxxxs.sock does not exist.

I'll give it a 2nd look.

I'm currently getting a '502 bad gateway' from nginx when I try to manually access the broken image, that definitely looks like it might be related - though I can't tell from that if it's an nginx config problem, or something permissions related (or both).
Currently building: Home Automation Server [FreeBSD 12.1 / nginx / mysql + zoneminder + openhab]
UnicornDuctTape

Just for the sake of clarity - what permissions should the folders have? And if I post configs or other info, what will be relevant?
UnicornDuctTape

SOLVED: it was a mismatched fcgi processor in the nginx config.

nginx logs showed that /var/run/fgcgiwrap.socket didn't exist in my include file.
The folder should have been /var/run/fcgiwrap/fcgiwrap.sock