Installing zoneminder on Ubuntu 19.10 with existing nginx installation

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.33.x development only.
slimprize

Installing zoneminder on Ubuntu 19.10 with existing nginx installation

Post by slimprize »

Hi all,
Could someone point me to instructions that would help me install zone minder 1.3.x (whichever version is the latest stable one) on ubuntu 19.10? I will need to change the zoneminder port because I have other applications running on port 80.

Pranav
snake

Re: Installing zoneminder on Ubuntu 19.10 with existing nginx installation

Post by snake »

Installing ZM on nginx, is more work if you are not comfortable with web servers. By default it runs apache. More info will be here on these forums.

The guides on the wiki cover Ubuntu: https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Ubuntu

1.32.3 is the current stable release.
slimprize

Post by slimprize »

Hi @snake,
Thanks for the pointers. I am comfortable with web servers but need good documentation to follow. I did see the ubuntu section on the wiki but did not find any specific references to version 19.10 of Ubuntu. I will take the guide of the last version and then try.

Pranav
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

There is a Zoneminder package in the Ubuntu 19.10 distro but I have not been able to get it to work. I believe it is a 1.32.x version. I suspect the 19.10 distro suffers the same issues as 19.04. If you are interested in a stable system use Ubuntu Bionic with the Linux 5.0 kernel (add on) and Mariadb-server. I'm having good success on my test server with the 1.33.x Zoneminder from the zoneminder-master PPA. As this is a development version there can be "issues" but the ability to set a storage location for each camera is cool!
slimprize

Post by slimprize »

Hi @bbunge
My challenge is that I have a single server machine running Ubuntu and as of this writing, I cannot downgrade. I am happy doing a manual install if someone can point me to an updated list of instructions.

Pranav