Zoneminder ignores Section length

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
trta911

Zoneminder ignores Section length

Post by trta911 »

Hi, I have Zoneminder with 6 monitors in RECORD mode (yup, I really need to record whole day so switch to modect is not possible). Also I set up "Section length" to 600 on all of my monitors, but every monitor generates more than 20-30 events per hour. I don't know why. Please what I can do to fix this issue? Also, I check ZM log and only errors that are shown repeatly are:

Code: Select all

Frame send time 136 msec too slow, throttling maxfps to 6.67	zm_monitorstream.cpp

and

Code: Select all

Socket /var/run/zm/zms-584771s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit.
But everything seems to be ok - recording, viewing montage, ....
BTW my ZMS path is set up: /zm/cgi-bin/nph-zms

Server is Debian 9 with apache, php 7.0 and php-fpm
snake

Re: Zoneminder ignores Section length

Post by snake »

What is make/model of camera? What CPU are you using? How much RAM? What is FPS and Resolution of camera?

Sounds like you are running out of memory/cpu or its a camera that isn't supported well.

Section length is 600 by default. That means the camera records 10 minutes at a time.
trta911

Post by trta911 »

Cameras are Sicurit TIP2000dirv added to ZM with this config:
  • Source: ffmpeg
  • Source path: rtsp://111.111.111.11:554/mpeg4?username=xxxxx&password=UGHGHJKLGFU
  • Target colorspace: 24bit
  • Capture Width (pixels): 1280
  • Capture Height(pixels): 720
  • Image Buffer Size: 20

Zoneminder is running on HyperV server with Xeon CPU. Ram for ZM is set to 3GB. Virtual machine has 4 vCore. Cameras set to 15 FPS and bitrate was set to 1500 (on cameras, not on ZM).
Avg Load of ZM is around 1,5-2 with Montage opened.
snake

Post by snake »

6 720p at 15fps each... That is a lot depending on how many cores, and how up to date the cpu is. You only have 4, and its a VM.

Lower FPS on all cameras to something like 5, get it stable, then increase fps afterwards. Use passthrough.