Event notification

Discussion topics related to mobile applications and ZoneMinder Event Server (including machine learning)
cafftab

Event notification

Post by cafftab »

Hi

I have a working zoneminder at 1.32.3 with notification going out to zmninja but the notification server stops somewhat randomly and doesn't restart until I restart zoneminder then it works again for hours sometimes days. I understand from the installation instructions that this version of zm (above 1.32.0) that you don't need to edit /usr/bin/zmdc.pl so I didn't do it. I think allows the system to check to see if daemons are running and restarts them, could that be needed? Looking for suggestions.

Thanks
asker

Re: Event notification

Post by asker »

1. Make sure you are on the latest ES
2. I've seen this happen at times (not as frequently as you report). ZM just stops reporting events on SHM even if I update the SHM handles on the ES. Not really sure why
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

Please read before posting:
How to set up logging properly
How to troubleshoot and report - ES
How to troubleshoot and report - zmNinja
ES docs
zmNinja docs
cafftab

Post by cafftab »

Currently running 3.6 isn't that the current version if running zoneminder at 1.32.3?
asker

Post by asker »

3.6 of the ES? No, we are at 4.5 now.
https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmeven ... ion.pl#L62
I no longer work on zmNinja, zmeventnotification, pyzm or mlapi. I may respond on occasion based on my available time/interest.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
cafftab

Post by cafftab »

Thanks for the tip, I upgraded to 4.5 and other than not saving bbox files to my image directory, (which I see could be related to not being at 1.33) I still have the same thing happening. I didn't notice before but I can see a log saying "EventSever: Failed to connect to WebSocket: code: 1006, reason: undefined, exception: The operation couldn’t be completed. Operation timed out"

Does that mean anything or should I report the issue via through the app
cafftab

Post by cafftab »

Update on my issues, I upgraded to 133 and everything seems more stable. Objects even license plates are detected. Thanks to asker for the tips linked in his/her signature, I have reduced the load on my system and smearing is not as bad. I even get a thumbnails in the zmninja notification on my phone. If it holds I can stop sending alarm emails to myself.
asker

Post by asker »

Well, keep me updated.
For some reason, I see the ES "just stopping" after several hours. I haven't found the issue yet (still debugging).

ES docs
zmNinja docs
cafftab

Post by cafftab »

opps spoke to soon ES stopped responding again, lasted longer (maybe?) If there was a log file from me you think would help let me know which one and I would be happy to send it to you. It appears that when I sudo zmdc.pl status zmeventnotification.pl it's running but I will confirm that the next time it happens.
asker

Post by asker »

I think the issue has been found. Stay tuned (will know tomorrow)

ES docs
zmNinja docs
asker

Post by asker »

Still working on it. Fixes last night did not work. If its not solved by tomorrow, we may have to wait a week. I am out all of the coming week.

ES docs
zmNinja docs
cafftab

Post by cafftab »

Hi. I was wondering if there is a fix for this issue yet?
asker

Post by asker »

Yes, a hack, but it works
Please follow https://github.com/pliablepixels/zmeven ... issues/175

ES docs
zmNinja docs
cafftab

Post by cafftab »

Great, I upgraded ES to 4.7 Hopefully that will cure it for now
cafftab

Post by cafftab »

Nope, it stopped overnight, if I were to shorten the restart time do I have to do it in both the zmnotification.pl and zmnotification.ini ? I see there is a new zoneminder build should I upgrade or get this working first?
asker

Post by asker »

It should restart every 2 hrs. Make sure your debug logs say so. If not your upgrade did not work.

ES docs
zmNinja docs