"Capturing" but not seeing any video

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
thesun

"Capturing" but not seeing any video

Post by thesun »

I am a total newbie to ZM and video cameras in general, so apologies in advance if these are basic questions. After trial and error, I've managed to set up a camera that I have NO IDEA if it's even supported (An Eversecu Solar-powered Wireless cam) in a 1.32 install of ZM. I basically just played around with settings for about 3 days and have noticed that I can get a "Capturing" notice in the Console, which seems like it's good. But I don't know if this camera works at all with ZM (or anything except its rather finicky app) as regardless, I don't get any video. So I'm curious whether I've just "deceived" ZM in some way...or if it's rather an "You're almost there" situation...I need to adjust X or Y or Z and it should work.

Does anyone know? Is there a way to offer you guys more information that's necessary?

Also, is there a way to easily dump my settings to a text file so I can share them here? Or should I post screenshots?

Thank you for any help!
snake

Re: "Capturing" but not seeing any video

Post by snake »

Try to get the camera to work in either ffmpeg or VLC first.

See http://wiki.zoneminder.com/Finding_Camera_Stream_Paths

You can post pictures or text. Pictures are best for the settings.
For the logs, you can just copy and paste the text.

If you are new to ZM, It's good to test a known camera first, so you can make sure everything is working. Buy an old used axis or hikvision. They are easy to configure. It's encouraging to make some progress, right off the bat.