Frozen Video/Missing Frames MODECT

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
foxtrot1014

Frozen Video/Missing Frames MODECT

Post by foxtrot1014 »

Whenever mocord activates, zm seems to quit actually recording. When I view the video of an event, the image freezes for the duration of the motion. When I review the frames, the frame numbers are sequential, but frame 26 to 27 will be images from seconds or more apart.

I had a conversation with a neighbor on my front lawn, and the video froze for the entirety of the conversation, and resumed playback when i stepped out of the motion detection area.

Here's a link to the video: https://imgur.com/AydyGZo

I assume this probably has something to do with the OPT_ADAPTIVE_SKIP option, but toggling this has no effect.
Last edited by foxtrot1014 on Sun Nov 10, 2019 5:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mvaragao

Re: Frames Skipped or Video Freezing

Post by mvaragao »

Hello,

I have exactly the same problem.
I would love to know if it is related to the settings or capacity of my hardware (PC).
I tried to use Record mode instead of Mocord but the problem looks the same.

Thanks.
https://t.me/pump_upp
bunilla

Post by bunilla »

Same problem here...
I set my 3 cameras to record... and I get NO DATA from time to time, seems random.
Is is a camera issue or a ZM problem ?
VM config:
2 CPU
4G RAM
Camera setting:
1920x1080
5 FPS
1024 bitrate
I have H264 Camera Passthrough on so my guess is that the cameras stop sending from time to time ...
foxtrot1014

Post by foxtrot1014 »

Anyone have any suggestions? This problem continues to persist for me, and at times it makes having a camera useless. I suppose I could switch it to just recording all the time (though others seem to have a problem with that), but then running zoneminder is kind of pointless for my purposes.

I don't think it's a hardware issue, at least not in the sense of the hardware is being overtaxed when modect does its thing. This problem didn't exist for me until I did a major upgrade jump to ZM a while ago (can't remember what version to what). My 'server' has a quad core 2.4GHz processor and 8G of RAM all dedicated to one 5MP camera travelling through a gigabit switch with static IPs and a pretty much enterprise network setup.
foxtrot1014

Post by foxtrot1014 »

I just noticed something interesting. When recording activates, the entire feed from the camera freezes. I happened to have the secondary RTSP stream open on my desktop when the mail got delivered. The live stream looked just like the recording with a pause when the courier tripped the motion detection.
foxtrot1014

Post by foxtrot1014 »

I've included my log:
zmlog.txt
(119.56 KiB) Downloaded 133 times
which is free of any errors, even during the bad playback. Perhaps this will help.
I also tried adjusting my analyze frame rate and disabling the efficient skip option.
foxtrot1014

Re: Frozen Video/Missing Frames MODECT

Post by foxtrot1014 »

I think I may have found the problem. It has to do with the storage settings. Pretty certain it's a problem with trying to save video, frames and analysis simultaneously. It might be the video writer setting as well or the combination of both. I'm testing the different settings combinations to find out.
foxtrot1014

SOLVED: Frozen Video/Missing Frames MODECT

Post by foxtrot1014 »

Yup. It was the storage settings on the camera. If Save JPEGs is set to Frames+Analysis, then video playback freezes. Idk if the images successfully store or not, but I don't think they do. Video Writer can be either H264 Passthrough or X264 Encode without problem.

At least for me. Hopefully this helps anyone else who had this issue. If there's any information I can provide for developer types reading this, let me know.