Monitor seems ok but i see no image

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
fromillo

Monitor seems ok but i see no image

Post by fromillo »

Hello,

i tried zoneminder on a Virtual machine linux box, and i configured it weel because it worked.

Now i moved to a real pc with Debian installed (Debian 9).

Everything seems to work except the streaming:
I see this image:
forum image host

So everything seems ok, but when i click on it i see no image. With the same monitor configuration on my Linux VM everything works.

Sorry if this is a simple quesiton but i'm a newbie of ZM and also reading old posts didin't helped me.
fromillo

Re: Monitor seems ok but i see no image

Post by fromillo »

small up :)
fromillo

Post by fromillo »

I checked the log and i found this problem:

Code: Select all

Socket /var/run/zm/zms-856937s.sock does not exist. This file is created by zms, and since it does not exist, either zms did not run, or zms exited early. Please check your zms logs and ensure that CGI is enabled in apache and check that the PATH_ZMS is set correctly. Make sure that ZM is actually recording. If you are trying to view a live stream and the capture process (zmc) is not running then zms will exit. Please go to http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/latest/faq.html#why-can-t-i-see-streamed-images-when-i-can-see-stills-in-the-zone-window-etc for more information.
I went to the page suggested, but i didn't understood what was the problem and how to fix it.

Do you have some suggestion? I'm using debian 10 and ubuntu server 10.
irishismyname

Post by irishismyname »

Do you have authentication enabled? I'm getting the same messages in the log when I enable authentication. Haven't found a way to fix it yet.
irishismyname

Post by irishismyname »

Do your dates/times on the events look right? Mine were reading in UTC, which is of course not the same timezone I had set for php. My video came back after fixing that.