ZM 1.32.3 (and 1.33.1) - bug on replay recorded JPEG images

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
pat2

Re: ZM 1.32.3 (and 1.33.1) - bug on replay recorded JPEG images

Post by pat2 »

export file works!

all exported jpegs are correct.

Strange that using Stills button the first 99 jpegs are grayed.
I noted that the thumbnail is exactly at jpeg n.100 (there are 2 jpegs n.100: the first normal, the second 48x36).
strange....exactly starting from jpeg n.100 are not more grayed...

Note: after additional check on generating video it's only an estethical issue. It doesn't appear the message related to the fact the generation is done, but ZM is able to generate video and the video is correct!

Additional note: in case of only 80 jpegs, using Stills button, all individual jpegs are grayed except the last n.80. In export file all jpegs present and correct, 2 jpegs n.80 (a normal one and a 48x36).

I think the issue is related to the first 99 individual jpegs that are recorded correctly but, even if not creating issue in video generation and export, are creating issue in Stills (appearing grayed) and creating issue to replay video (probably not allowing the video to start since the first 99 grayed).
I don't understand why the first 99 jpegs appear correct for export and for video generation, BUT are grayed in Stills functionality and breaking the jpeg replay functionality. But the developer shall know!!

Addtional additonal note: I checked on 1.30.4: the fucking thumbnail manegement is different, it doesn't appear in the folder at n. 100 (or at last if jpegs are less than 100). That's the change that created a regression! It was changed the SW related to the management of the thumbnail but probably done wrongly and created a regression!!

Please, it's a big regression. To be corrected in 1.32 and following version.
Last edited by pat2 on Mon Apr 29, 2019 6:06 am, edited 33 times in total.
---------------------------------------------------------------------------
ZM 1.36.34 - 14 cameras on Orange Pi 5 (arm64) - Ubuntu Jammy 22.04
detxm80

Post by detxm80 »

Yes, i can generate swf file
pat2

Post by pat2 »

tried 1.33.8

unfortunately bug still existing
pat2

Post by pat2 »

any update? is it the bug solved?

as told it is on ARM platform, old MJPEG cameras,
Live playing is working fine, recording NO. Not possible to replay what recorded: the JPG files are recorded, but the first 100 are grayed and so it is not possible to replay what recorded.
detxm80

Post by detxm80 »

Pat2, i’ve migrated to nvr, no stress and all of we want
roadster

Post by roadster »

Hi everybody...
I just installed 1.32.3 on raspberry pi. I can see the live feed of my cameras, but no events, stills or frames...
It says in the frame, where the video should be displayed: video could not be loaded either because the server or network failed.
Since I am new to raspberry pi, am I among few or many having this problem?
cheers,
Roadster
snake

Post by snake »

roadster wrote: Mon Jul 15, 2019 5:11 pm I can see the live feed of my cameras, but no events, stills or frames...
It says in the frame, where the video should be displayed: video could not be loaded either because the server or network failed.
ARM ZM can't use H264 encoding, but by default on new installations it is selected in 1.32.3. Go into camera settings - storage, and enable JPEGs and / or H264 Passthrough. Make sure H264 encoding is not selected. Files should then appear in your ZM videos folder, assuming you followed correct installation steps.
pat2

Post by pat2 »

Hi Snake,

I didn't receive an answer till now. I understand there is no interest to fix the issue or anyone answering without understanding the issue or anyone answering only in case of paid support.
So for this reason I abandoned the idea to see solved the bug.
Do you have an ARM processor?

My case: I have an ARM processor (Odroid XU4) and I'm able to see my ffmpeg and mjpeg cameras.
I'm able to record and replay ffmpeg cameras.

The issue is for mjpeg cameras (old foscam 8910W): able to see the stream, not able to replay the recorded stream. I'm configuring as you are suggesting in Storage: enabling JPEGS. (recorded jpegs files are present in the folder, but when I try to replay the video remain fixed on an image!)

I don't have the issue on 1.30.4 and for that I'm still using 1.30.4. I think it's a regression (anything changed in sw in the new version no more wroking correctly) but no one answered me.
Please, answer me only if you have an ARM processor and mjpeg camera.
I'm tired to read ansers of "professors" telling me how it should work, but not testing the real case: ARM processor, mjpeg camera, replay the JPEG recorded.

I'm convinced since it's rare case (now rare to have mjpeg camera and ARM processor) no one tested well.
I undertsand it's a free of charge tool based on the will of volunteers, but I cannot understand who is telling it shall work without testing the same condition.

anyway on 1.30.4 is all working fine, in 1.32 and 1.33 no.
probably a solution will be reached not through the correction of the bug (since they don't have the patience to listen), but when they will be able to record ffmpeg from mjpeg for ARM processor (i.e H264 encoding enabled on ARM too).

so please, snake, answer me only in case you ghave the possibility to test the case: ARM processor, mjpeg camera, replay JPEG recorded.
snake

Post by snake »

My reply was to roadster. Pat2, I've read through this thread quickly, usually in this case it's a problem of an incorrect installation, or a less supported distribution. Those not familiar with ZM are advised to use a supported Ubuntu, or Debian following the installation guides on the wiki https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Helpful_use ... _Procedure

For what it's worth, I have tested an RPI3 with 1.32.3 and an MJPEG camera as discussed in this thread: http://forums.zoneminder.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=27938

A newer browser is required to view streams on 1.32.3. This is sometimes an issue. Try viewing the streams from a different computer with an up to date browser.
pat2

Post by pat2 »

Hi, Snake, thanks for your kind answer.
I'm enough familiar with ZM: I'm using 1.30.4 since years. It's working fine.

For 1.32 or 1.33 installation I used the procedure here https://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/la ... index.html (the easy way and the harder way) with all possible (4) combination for mysql (pls see "This step should not be required on ZoneMinder 1.32.0") .

Also other users had the same issue of mine.

Anyway, thanks for your answer and I will read your post.

thanks
SouthernLonghauler

Post by SouthernLonghauler »

While this may not fix ALL of the mentioned issues. I had a similar problem as mentioned here and was able to correct it with the following commands:

sudo a2enmod cgi
sudo apache2ctl restart
LF-X

Post by LF-X »

Same issue here.

I have an Odroid HC1. Was using a Raspberry PI 3 B and 3 B+ as server with 4 cameras connected.
Was having trouble with stability with the Raspberries, so was gibing the HC1 a try.

So far feels much better.

Installed Zoneminder 1.32 using this page as a a guide: https://magazine.odroid.com/article/zon ... -solution/
This is a fresh installed Ubuntu. Nothing beside Zoneminder (and required tools) installed.

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04 and PHP is 7.2. I also had to change monitors to store events as jpegs.

Zoneminder is up and running rock stable.

I can access the live views.
For Events I can access the individual Frames (Web and Filesystem).
I can export the Events and everything is there (also the downloaded html plays the frames as video).
I can export avis and watch them after downloading.

Viewing Events in the Web App does not work. There is just a small black bar.

Viewing Events from zmNinja works.

In the log I see a lot of:
socket_sendto( /var/run/zm/zms-785423s.sock ) failed: Connection refused

Looks like a authentication issue. Any hints on what to chown to whom?

in /var/run/zm# I can see zms-785423s.sock displayed in pink.
benf

Post by benf »

Just to add - same issue here, Centos 7 on x86_64 and have been using ZM since early v1.24.

This used to work OK for me, and I suspect broke when I moved away from using zmrepo and upgraded from 1.30 to 1.32

Specifically - I can view live images from all cameras OK, events record OK as JPEGs but I cannot play recorded events back using Firefox on Centos 7 / Win10 / Android, or IE on WIn10.

For the event, I can see the first video frame and options to create a Video ( which I can then download and view locally ) or inspect the individual frames.

FWIW - I've been through the recommended debug steps here : http://zoneminder.readthedocs.io/en/lat ... window-etc - but without success resolving.
pat2

Post by pat2 »

LF-X wrote: Thu Aug 08, 2019 9:26 pm Same issue here.

I have an Odroid HC1. Was using a Raspberry PI 3 B and 3 B+ as server with 4 cameras connected.
Was having trouble with stability with the Raspberries, so was gibing the HC1 a try.

So far feels much better.

Installed Zoneminder 1.32 using this page as a a guide: https://magazine.odroid.com/article/zon ... -solution/
This is a fresh installed Ubuntu. Nothing beside Zoneminder (and required tools) installed.

I'm on Ubuntu 18.04 and PHP is 7.2. I also had to change monitors to store events as jpegs.

Zoneminder is up and running rock stable.

I can access the live views.
For Events I can access the individual Frames (Web and Filesystem).
I can export the Events and everything is there (also the downloaded html plays the frames as video).
I can export avis and watch them after downloading.

Viewing Events in the Web App does not work. There is just a small black bar.

Viewing Events from zmNinja works.

In the log I see a lot of:
socket_sendto( /var/run/zm/zms-785423s.sock ) failed: Connection refused

Looks like a authentication issue. Any hints on what to chown to whom?

in /var/run/zm# I can see zms-785423s.sock displayed in pink.
hi LF-X,
you described exactly the same situation I have on my Odroid XU4 (dedicated to ZM) and ZM 1.32 (and greater versions).
I solved downgrading to 1.30.4 and Ubuntu 16.04. See 2 articles on Odroid newspaper.
I imagine too it's a fucking authentication issue.
They did changes, giving the possibility to define as a parameter the recoding path into ZM on 1.32 and greater versions. The change broke anything that cannot be recovered on ARM boards.

It seems no one is interested on this forum to understand or solve (ARM boards and mjpeg cameras together is a rare case, so they are not interested to solve the regression). We are not in their restricted 'circle' of friends/testers...on the other side it's not a professional tool.
We have to wait a future ZM version that will have the possibility to record mpeg from mjpeg for ARM boards too.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

are the pages of the web console rendering correctly? In these versions I have encountered the same thing but as that was sometime ago and my experimentation is advanced to versions 1.33+ because I just had all kinds of nagging problems with 1.32+.

I think this problem was actually easy to fix if I could only remember.... Hey hang in there I think you are close to a solution. Sometimes there is little advice from the main developers since there are basically only 2 or 3 people working on ZM diligently and there is not enough time in the day to address the continued development and bug fixing and also help out here on the forum. Although they do look it over and will respond at some point.

so to clarify for me once again...you can see the live stream...an alarm will trigger an event.....the event is recorded successfully but the mp4 version will not replay...and you can see the jpeg stills.

what happens when you try to reach the /cgi-bin via URL in the browser?

AND IMPORTANT: does the system clock / timezone match what is set in the php.ini file for PHP??

If there is any discrepancy in the timezone - clock settings between PHP,mysql and the system there can be mystifying errors created

_