foscam connection

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
corvairbob

foscam connection

Post by corvairbob »

is this the correct forum to ask about the foscams and how to set them up? i have lots iof wifi ip cams and this one is th worst one ever. so did i mess up and get junk! thanks
iconnor

Re: foscam connection

Post by iconnor »

Foscams are problematic but are fairly common so we should be able to help you.
corvairbob

Post by corvairbob »

ok thanks someone may have an answer. i did make email contact with foscam and one of the techs said they were going to send me a new one, but has to be seen first. in the meantime maybe this one will start working again. thanks
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Here's an idea.. how about telling us what the problem is?

We are not psychic!
corvairbob

Post by corvairbob »

ok i did not realize i did not put the issue in this forum. i have a foscam f19821p that worked great when i got it a few weeks ago from goodwill. then the other day it failed to work so i tried to reset it and it talked to me and wanted me to change the un and pw so i did and it just would not take it.

i did finally get it to go yesterday but now it will not let me change the port, or the ip address or the un and password. if i change the these it stops working and comes back asking me to log on and says the un and pw i input are wrong.
so i got it to go and left those settings at what it likes. and then i found on foscam the firmware for it and instructions to update it, so i updated the firmware and it seems to be running ok now but it still will not let me change the settings or the un and pw.

by the way when i reset it it did not like the default un and pw my old un and pw were stuck in it for some reason and still are. i figured if you reset them they go back to default settings. also it will not let me change the ip address either.

now i hear the foscam cameras are problematic and that may be how i got them from goodwill the other owner may have just gave up on them and tossed them. thanks
snake

Post by snake »

Check the wiki for info on Foscams. They can be troublesome when updating them. I know some of them require individual updates to go in order. Quite tricky, and slow. You might have a counterfeit model. Some of them require activex to edit the settings via web. There is likely an API. You could ask the company for the API docs...

Foscams are fair cameras. Not bad, but not the best. You get what you pay for. (Note that the best cameras can cost $1000 each).
Last edited by snake on Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:24 pm, edited 2 times in total.
corvairbob

Post by corvairbob »

thanks. foscam is sending me a new camera the r2 model because of the issues with this one. i did a firmware update on this one but it does not like it when i change the settings. it runs great when it runs. like i said the other day it just quit and i tossed it in the garbage 3 times and then took it out. then for s/g i took it out again the last time and it let me log on enough to do the firmware and so far it runs but like i said it will not let me change the un or pw from what i had in it, not the factory stuff but resets will not change that un or pw. but one reason i'm asking is i have 3 more on the way and it sure would be a shame to have all of them be junk. but like you say they have issues and the other owner may have just gave up and tossed them out to goodwill. thanks