How to disable PTZ motion detection durning camera movement

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.33.x development only.
go0die

How to disable PTZ motion detection durning camera movement

Post by go0die »

Hello,

Started with ZM and now time came to use HikVision PTZ camera. I can move cam from ZM and make some presets, but the question is:
As I need to use motion detection, is it possible to disable PTZ motion detection durning camera movement?
rockedge

Re: How to disable PTZ motion detection durning camera movement

Post by rockedge »

there could be a round about way to do it by using "run states" and set up 2 different monitors using the same camera....
monitor 1 has no PTZ control and does have motion detection active
monitor 2 has PTZ but motion detection turned off.

save a run state that has camera 1 set to "modect" and camera 2 "none"
then save a run state that has camera 1 set top "none" and camera 2 set to monitor so you can move it.
choose by selecting which run state ZM is operating under

only an idea..may work for you
go0die

Post by go0die »

rockedge wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:15 pm there could be a round about way to do it by using "run states" and set up 2 different monitors using the same camera....

then save a run state that has camera 1 set top "none" and camera 2 set to monitor so you can move it.

Thank you for reply!
I will test it some day and write here results.
go0die

Post by go0die »

rockedge wrote: Thu Jul 11, 2019 4:15 pm there could be a round about way to do it by using "run states" and set up 2 different monitors using the same camera....

But problem is, that I need to use some assets when and where camera moves by itself, so I need better solution.
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

is the camera moving automatically to the point of motion detection?
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

To avoid recording motion events when the ptz camera moves, set an appropriate value for the (up to three) max area fields in the camera's motion settings. You may also need/want to set a small value in the Frame Ignore Count fields too.

To determine that value, look at the motion statistics for a false trigger caused by the camera moving. If that number is 90%, for example, then set the overload frame ignore to 89%. If using pixels (better precision) instead of %, then the desired values will be in pixels.

This trick also works well to filter out when the camera switches from day -> night mode.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
Alec

Post by Alec »

Not 100% sure what you are doing, goodie, so I am likely missing something, but isn't that what zmu function -n is for? To temporarily cancel alarms while you are doing something like moving a camera? I also thought the API Disarm function would do this, but on review, maybe it will only cancel an existing alarm . . .
DFU
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

@Alec
This thread asks the same question that the very first users of PTZ cameras had when combined with motion recording.... since basic motion detection is all about counting RGB color changes in pixels over time, a false trigger is created any time a move command is sent to a ptz camera. This is a problem with any VMS.

Back when PTZ cameras were popular in the industry, a common approach was to either ignore the false triggers or just let the camera record continuously. Fortunately, zoneminder has a function that allows you to ignore an alarm if too much motion is generated, which is what happens in this case.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

Hey, waitaminnit.

Didn't I see, while poring over the config options on my recently upgraded 1.32, that there's a "number of seconds not to throw an alarm after a PTZ move on a camera" setting?

In short, isn't this problem already fixed?