Alarm on incoming traffic only

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
AfricanSwallow

Alarm on incoming traffic only

Post by AfricanSwallow »

I was trying to use preclusive zones to limit alarms for when people leave or walk about the house, has anyone done this?

For example, should they walk from the living room to the bathroom, and cross the front door zone, i would not like it to alarm. Likewise, should someone leave the house, i would not like it to alarm. If someone comes in the house, however, I would like it to alarm.

My original thoughts were to put a preclusive alarm on either side of the door, thus if someone walked across one of them, it would not alarm. This is not working, however, I guess due to the limit of frames a preclusive alarm is good for?

Any tips or links i may be missing would be appreciated!

Thank you
rockedge

Re: Alarm on incoming traffic only

Post by rockedge »

this page has good info on using the preclusion zone

https://wiki.zoneminder.com/Understandi ... or_Dummies
AfricanSwallow

Post by AfricanSwallow »

Thanks for that link. I think i've already read that one, but it is good information and essentially what i've done. So here is what i've done so far, hopefully it helps others, or even better someone can tell me how to improve upon this:

Setup Active zones on doors and windows
Setup preclusive zones on tiny portions where sunlight changes will prevent false alarms
Setup preclusive zones on small portions around the door such that if someone walks past a door it is precluded.

This is somewhat working but not perfect. for the most part it works unless someone somehow misses the preclusive zone all-together in their path or, the majority of the time, the issue is that someone stops in front of the Active zone long enough that the preclusive 'trigger' is no longer effective and when they move it alarms. not sure there is a way to solve the second one as that is basically behaving as it should and just a one-off on behavior of a human/pet. For problem one its just a matter of tuning the preclusive zones better.

Thanks
AfricanSwallow
knight-of-ni

Post by knight-of-ni »

Set a value in the Extend Alarm Frame Count field for your preclusive zone. That will extend silencing the alarm for X frames past when the last motion was detected in the preclusive zone.
Visit my blog for ZoneMinder related projects using the Raspberry Pi, Orange Pi, Odroid, and the ESP8266
All of these can be found at https://zoneminder.blogspot.com/