Stable Version of Zoneminder 1.32.x?

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
IncompleteString

Stable Version of Zoneminder 1.32.x?

Post by IncompleteString »

Hi,

Has there been a release of 1.32.x that could be regarded as something approaching stable? Or should I stick with 1.30.4?

I tried upgrading my 1.30.4 server to 1.32 when 1.32 was first released and I ended up doing a fresh install of 1.30.4 because I could not get motion detection working in 1.32.
rockedge

Re: Stable Version of Zoneminder 1.32.x?

Post by rockedge »

I would wait to upgrade...skip 1.32+ It does have lots improvements under the hood but version 1.33.8 seems to be more "stable".
At this moment if the ZM system you have running is working and is a production level system it would probably be best to wait for the next "stable" official release.

Although I am testing 1.33+ it seems to be working well and is close to ready....I would recommend setting up the zoneminder-master on the side and take a look before going ahead and upgrading.

If you really want to go ahead and upgrade I would think you would get good results with 1.33.8 zoneminder-master
IncompleteString

Post by IncompleteString »

I spun up a 1.33.x test VM and tried it for a few days. I ended up giving up on 1.33.x because there were some bugs the site owner didn't like. I cant remember exactly what they were at this point.

I did end up creating a 1.32.3 VM for this client, as they wanted to add more cameras, and adding 4 more camera on their old 1.30.4 VM was enough to break the camels back. I had been telling them the CPU was just about maxed out from running motion detection on 72 cameras, 76 cameras was just too many.

Setting up a 1.32.3 VM allowed me to set up H264 camera passthrough and continuous recording, so CPU load on this system is down from about 32 to about 7. This system no longer stores 3 -4 weeks of footage, but since the client wants to add more cameras and doesn't want to buy a new server, they are going to have to live with 6 days of footage.

Also multi-port is great, a pain to configure for this many cameras but it beats having to prep every computer that someone might want to view monitors on.
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

You could always add a second server.