Cannot start zoneminder

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
kb9mfd

Cannot start zoneminder

Post by kb9mfd »

The computer that was running zoneminder died, not the drives but the motherboard. I have another server that I installed zoneminder onto, I do not know what release I was running on the old one. (Is there a place I can look on the file system to identify the version?) I copied all the files (events and images) and I copied the mysql database files, mysql started and I verified the data is all there and the login is correct. When I try to start zoneminder it just gives me a failed. Nothing in messages and I cannot find any log file. Nothing when I do a "zmpkg.pl start" on the command line. Both systems are Centos 6. I tried setting the env variables to start logging but again, nothing. Would anyone know what I can do to troubleshoot this? Is there a utility to check the database? Thanks!
kitkat

Re: Cannot start zoneminder

Post by kitkat »

kb9mfd wrote: Sun Jun 02, 2019 7:00 pm (Is there a place I can look on the file system to identify the version?)

Code: Select all

grep ZM_VERSION /usr/share/zoneminder/www/includes/config.php
Should return something like

Code: Select all

define( 'ZM_VERSION', '1.32.2' );               // Version
kb9mfd

Post by kb9mfd »

Ok, awesome! that means my old version was 1.29.0.

Can the database be upgraded after the fact in this case? as where I already have 1.30.4 installed and I need to update just the database to that version? Or am I looking at something else? Zoneminder did start with a empty database so I assume the start issue is a database issue.
kb9mfd

Post by kb9mfd »

Nevermind! I found the upgrade script and it worked. Thanks!
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

With Linux you could have put the old hard drive in the new PC and it will run. Glad you found how to upgrade the database!
kb9mfd

Post by kb9mfd »

Yes,,, but the server is a Dell 2950 2U blade with RAID SAS drives, and was already running as a media server. Odd thing is its a octocore 3gz per core with 16gb memory and 3T of drive space. Old server was a old 2 core desktop somewhere around 2gz and 500mb software RAID, the old computer ran at a load around 6~8, but it functioned. New server is running at a load of 12 with the CPU at 98%. Odd its maxing out 8 cores. I only have 7 cameras.