How to get involved?

Forum for questions and support relating to 1.33.x development only.
sabretoothedhamster

How to get involved?

Post by sabretoothedhamster »

I am sorry for such a newbie query, but I was not able to find any instructions for that case... What should someone do to participate in 1.33.x testing? Are there any 'night builds' or something that could be applied to 1.32 in order to get most recent version up and running?
rockedge

Re: How to get involved?

Post by rockedge »

hello! are you running Ubuntu? if so add the iconner PPA repository for zoneminder-master

Code: Select all

sudo add-apt-repository ppa:iconnor/zoneminder-master
sudo apt-get update
sabretoothedhamster

Thanks! Upgrade itself finsihed ok.
But the only striking change I noticed so far is non-working buttons. Neither for the console screen (where I am not able to 'Add' a camera), nor for the per-event view, where both video playing (play/pause/fast/prev/next) and view switching (stream/frames/stills) buttons just do not make any effect.
I tried to restart my linux box and my browsers (FF/Chrome/MSIE), tried to clean browser's chache, but it did not help. Did I miss something?

P.S. I do have Ubuntu 18.04.2 LTS (server install, no X11), and apt-upgrade fetched zoneminder 1.33.6~20190428120633-bionic
rockedge

Post by rockedge »

sounds like a missing ALIAS or symlink in /usr/share/zoneminder/www for the /cache directory. Take a look and double check if the upgraded zoneminder.conf for Apache is enabled and or look in /usr/share/zoneminder/www to see if one is present. This /cache has all the css for the web console and if it is not working the entire gui will behave badly.

this is a place to start. I have run across the same issue before.
sabretoothedhamster

zoneminder.conf is enabled and contains 'Alias /zm/cache /var/cache/zoneminder/cache'. The /var/cache/zoneminder/cache itself is plenty of healthy links (only skins_classic_views_js_privacy-classic-1544285133.js is broken, but it seems that it is not used). Furthermore, web console does not report any broken/not loaded js/css files (yet there are number other js errors though...) at any of the wrongdoing pages.
sabretoothedhamster

...and the most intriguing part is that when I open the web console, and try to call manually the handlers appeared to be bound to the respective buttons (e.g. showEventFrames() or showStream() or showStills() for the /index.php?view=event ) - they work just fine.