Multi Server install with linked cameras

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
Maximo1970

Multi Server install with linked cameras

Post by Maximo1970 »

In my setup I have 4 ZM Servers running. My cameras are connected to a NVR unit that provides 2 streams per camera, 1 high res and the other low res. 3 of the ZM Servers take the high res feeds and the forth server has all of the low res feeds.

The setup works great and performs quite well. However I'm not able to use the linked camera function. For example, I have a camera that should the front of my garage. So that I can record in high res I tried to link the two streams as described in the documentation. Because the high res stream and low res streams are not on the same server the linked function doesn't work. Linking two low res cameras, that are on the same server, it works fine.

Does anyone else have a similar setup and managed to get the linked cameras working?
tcg

Re: Multi Server install with linked cameras

Post by tcg »

Yes, I can confirm this. I have a very similar setup but with two servers, 32 cameras and 64 monitors. I noticed a couple of weeks ago that my high-def monitors were not recording triggered events. Like you, I found that the low-def and high-def monitors had gotten placed on separate servers. Once I moved them back to a single server, the triggered recordings started working again. I assume this is a bug.
Chris
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

Linked Monitors most be on the same server. I'll have to think of some way to make it work across servers efficiently.
tcg

Post by tcg »

Thank you for the confirmation. At least now we know.
Chris
Maximo1970

Post by Maximo1970 »

iconnor wrote: Thu Mar 28, 2019 7:19 pm Linked Monitors most be on the same server. I'll have to think of some way to make it work across servers efficiently.
Good to no. I'm surprised it's not been mentioned more, previously. Having experimented with different setups, the one I have at present works great for my needs. I'm also running behind a NGINX proxy, but only have a very basic configuration in place.