ZM Video Sluggish

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
McTechSolutions

ZM Video Sluggish

Post by McTechSolutions »

Guys any ideas here?

On my camera i have them set to 15fps. However in ZM my camer only seems to be showing the footage at 5fps at best. When viewing the footage over the zmninja app its terrible.

In ZM if i look at the camera properties its set to 30fps. but its shocking. I have the same camera also connected to Blue Iris and its fine

Thanks in advance
snake

Re: ZM Video Sluggish

Post by snake »

There are a few things to consider. in my experience. What type of camera are you using?

One: Try h264 passthrough. As an example, I have an Amovision camera. On 1.30.4, with RTSP, it gets about 5 FPS. With 1.32 and h264 passthrough I can get 25FPS. Although after a HDD error, and running it through a VM, it was unable to use passthrough at all, but that's another story, and due to a faulty HDD.

Two: Some cameras simply offer slow streams. The Foscam 9805 has an MJPEG stream that is 3-5FPS. when you access it from the screenshot URL. With older firmware it's even slower.

Three: Certain cameras are better performing with ZM. Axis and Hikvision are two where I can get 30FPS without problem, as long as the CPU can keep up (i.e. large resolutions can reach the resource ceiling).
iconnor

Post by iconnor »

You can also clear that 30fps setting, it was needed with 1.30, not needed with 1.32. Can cause problems.
McTechSolutions

Post by McTechSolutions »

Thanks mate. I am running the ZM in VMware. I was doing this to kind of trial it. Maybe i will stick on a dedicated machine and see if its any better.
snake

Post by snake »

To be clear, it was the faulty HDD not the VM that was causing the failure of H264 passthrough. It worked in the VM before the HDD failed, though the virtualization (and doing other things on the server at the same time) might've caused the HDD to fail faster.