Linked Monitors

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.32.x releases only.
Maximo1970

Linked Monitors

Post by Maximo1970 »

Looking for some help and advice.

I'm using a NVR that provides two streams, one Hi-Res and the other Lo-Res. I've setup my motion detection on the Lo-Res streams and linked the monitors to the Hi-Res equivalent, if I've understood it correctly these means that when motion is detected the Hi-res stream is also recorded. But that's not happening.

The Lo-Res monitors is set to Modect and the Hi-Res equivalent is set to Nodect.
BiloxiGeek

Re: Linked Monitors

Post by BiloxiGeek »

Sounds like your links are backwards. The Hi-res monitors should be linked to the low-res. That means they'll record if the low-res is recording.
Maximo1970

Post by Maximo1970 »

I'll give that a go and report back. Is there a specific logfile that would be useful to look at for this?
Maximo1970

Post by Maximo1970 »

The change above hasn't made a difference, I'm still not getting recordings from the Hi-Res cameras, just the Lo-res. Is there a debug logfile I can take a look at that would offer some form of assistance in tracking down the issue?

Just the clarify I've tried this approach:

Modect (Hi-Res Stream) -> Nodect (Lo-Res Stream)
Nodect (Lo-Res Stream) -> Modect (Hi-Res Stream)

Modect (Hi-Res Stream) <-> Nodect (Lo-Res Stream)
Nodect (Lo-Res Stream) <-> Modect (Hi-Res Stream)

I also have two separate groups in place, one that contains all of the Hi-Res streams and the other that contains the Lo-Res streams. Would this have an affect at all?
dparring

Post by dparring »

You want it like this:

Modect (Low Res)
Nodect (High Res)

Low Res config: no linked monitors
High Res config: linked to Low Res monitor

Groups shouldn't have an effect.
Maximo1970

Post by Maximo1970 »

Low Res config: no linked monitors
High Res config: linked to Low Res monitor
Sadly that's not worked either. Is there another configuration change I need to make that will allow this to work?
dparring

Post by dparring »

I can't think of anything obvious - you might want to go through some debugging steps:

- Verify events are being triggered on SD
- Verify you can manually trigger HD events
- Verify Enabled is checked in monitor configs
Maximo1970

Post by Maximo1970 »

Thanks for getting back to me.

I've now discovered that I can link between Lo-Res cameras, but not between Lo-Res and Hi-Res. So it's more than likely I've setup my system in a way that's not compatible. I've created two groups, one of each set of feeds, such as all of the Lo-Res in one group and the Hi-Res on the other group. it makes viewing the montage a lot easier. For me at least.

Should I have also created groups for each camera, containing both feeds?
Maximo1970

Post by Maximo1970 »

I think I've found the reason why it's not working as I expect. I'm running a Multi-Server configuration. All of my Lo-Res streams are on one server and the Hi-Res streams are spread across three other servers.

So it seems that Linked Monitors only works if all the streams are on the same server. Which means I need to have a think about my current setup.