EufyCAM (ANKER) support

Post here to ask any questions about hardware suitability, configuration in ZoneMinder, or experiences. If you just want to know if something works with ZoneMinder or not, please check the Hardware Compatibility sections in the forum, and the Wiki first. Also search this topic as well.
dratcliffe

EufyCAM (ANKER) support

Post by dratcliffe »

Does (or are there plans for) ZoneMinder to support the recently released EufyCAM (ANKER) system http://community.anker.com/c/Eufy/productdiscussion

Thanks
zmc

Re: EufyCAM (ANKER) support

Post by zmc »

I tested the Eufycam 2 with ZM 1.34.15 just now. The cameras (=base station) support RTSP streams now which seems to work very well (http://community.anker.com/t/how-to-set ... -nas/64833). However as the cameras are normally sleeping until movement, most of the time ZM will not be able to connect to the streams. I wonder if this could have any side effects in the short or long run? It will at least fill the log with constant errors as it tries to connect to the streams while they are not available...
nrc

Post by nrc »

Is this working for you? I've wondered whether Zoneminder would play nicely with these since they only stream when a recording is triggered. The flood of error messages is annoying but can probably be ignored. But does Zoneminder pick up the stream promptly and reliably when it starts?
zmc

Post by zmc »

I only tried it briefly but looks like it's working reliably and recording starts promptly after motion is triggered.
fhamdan

Post by fhamdan »

Hi there,
I have Euyfy 2c cameras (Battery powered). It is good that we can record motions, but does ZM support live view too?

Cheers,
SKB

Post by SKB »

Hi,
I also have the cameras running and get some recordings.
I am also wondering, if you get the restart message in the log?

It's telling, that it was not shutting down correctly.

You can set the Logging to Fatal and restart the stream. After that, there are no errors ;)
SKB

Post by SKB »

fhamdan wrote: Thu Mar 25, 2021 1:00 am Hi there,
I have Euyfy 2c cameras (Battery powered). It is good that we can record motions, but does ZM support live view too?

Cheers,
The battery powered ones do not provide live view in ZM because there is no option to wake them up.

This can be done via the app.