Nginx. Event view issue

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
eaglesvr

Nginx. Event view issue

Post by eaglesvr »

Working system configuration: ZM 1.30.4 installed by “easy way” wiki script. Ubuntu 16.04. Nginx.
Monitor is set to “Mocord” mode( to produce stable recordings for testing purposes). Live view works. But clicking on any of recorded events hangs with “Waiting for “host address” and in 60 sec fails. Nginx error log as well as ZM log show these errors:
...Socket /var/run/zm/zms-318561s.sock does not exist..
and
...Connection timed out while reading response header from upstream

A strange thing: viewing the same events works when called from Montage Review. I compared requests for event view from Console=>Monitor =>Event and Montage Review=>Monitor =>Event. They look quite identical.
I also started preparing for migration to Ubuntu 18/ZM 1.32. So I cloned the working system to another box and applied recommended upgrades. Everything looks working in the upgraded ZM 1.32/Ub18.04 with Apache.Can't check how it works with Apache on the original system 1.30.4 - I removed Apache after replaced it with Nginx
But with Nginx it shows the same issue: everything works except event viewing. And again, from Montage Review event viewing works.
Should be something simple but can't figure out what.
Thanks for any info
rockedge

Re: Nginx. Event view issue

Post by rockedge »

check that the TIME and DATE are synced by NGINX the system clock and the mysql/mariadb.

in setups I have using Hiawatha I have stopped mariadb and restarted it and once the time is matching the events can be viewed.
that is new events from that point on...
strange is that you can view the events from Montage Review and not from the web console Events page.
eaglesvr

Post by eaglesvr »

I forgot to mention that I also can view recorded events from "Events" page that pops up when the corresponding monitor's cell is clicked in the Console "Events" column. So, the issue is not really critical, but still needs to be resolved.
eaglesvr

Post by eaglesvr »

I noticed that something is preventing from streaming recorded events at the time when another popup is already streaming live view.
Could be issues caused by fast cgi limit on number of worker processes.
Found some ideas to try on this forum, thread #25117
Like setting CGI_CHILDREN in /etc/init.d/fcgiwrap should be increased from 1(default) to something like 10.
eaglesvr

Post by eaglesvr »

The solution turned out to be the very last post in the thread #25117. Adding /etc/default/fcgiwrap file with DAEMON_OPTS=-c 10 solved the issue.