Problem Running Camera Feeds In a Widget

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
jimkoh

Problem Running Camera Feeds In a Widget

Post by jimkoh »

I’m using ZoneMinder 1.30.4 trying to get camera feeds to work in a web page widget on Debian 9 with KDE 5.8.6 and kernal 4.18. When I put in the link for Montage view I can see the fps and the video borders even change colors in response to an alert, ie: a red border when a camera senses motion, but the video never shows up. It’s not a problem with the widget playing video since I can go to YouTube and videos play fine and the camera feeds work without a problem in a web browser.

Does anyone know what could be causing this? I have tried every widget I can find, but they all have the same problem. It would be really nice to have the feeds in a widget instead of always having to have a browser open. Here is the path to one of my camera feeds if it helps. rtsp://****:****@192.168.2.124:554/stream1
Thanks

Jim
bbunge

Re: Problem Running Camera Feeds In a Widget

Post by bbunge »

Create a user with view only rights. Log in as that user.
Open a monitor by clicking on the monitor name on the left of the Console GUI.
Right click on the camera video and select View Image.
Another window will open containing the video stream. Use the URL of that window as the URL for your widget. You can also use the URL in a web page to show the video.
jimkoh

Re: Problem Running Camera Feeds In a Widget

Post by jimkoh »

That works in a browser, but in the widgets it just shows garbled text. If I use the feed from the monitor it shows everything but the video.