Crazy intermittent streaking issue on SV3C cameras

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
fillister

Re: Crazy intermittent streaking issue on SV3C cameras

Post by fillister »

I'm hopeful that someone has the answer as I have the same cameras and the the same issues as the original poster. What's weird is that when you first set-up the system it runs for a long time " a month " with no issues, then 1 camera shows up with the problem followed by the others in increasing frequency. This happened on version 1.29 so I then did a complete reinstall of 1.30.4 and I still have the streaking smearing issue. Delancj mentioned that he is running the cameras in Debian and does not have the issue, I'm wondering if that system is still stable as I may move over to it if a solution is not found for Ubuntu server.

Thanks
bbunge

Post by bbunge »

Still waiting for someone to let us know what series SV3C camera they have. As I stated in a prior post:
The SV3C support site lists three series of cameras: HX, L and A. Each looks like it has a different format which may need to be addressed in the Zoneminder settings.

http://www.sv3c.com/3875.html

From experience, VLC is a great tool to prove camera settings. The wrong resolution used in Zoneminder will cause problems. Running cameras at high resolution can cause memory issues in tmpfs. Insufficient resources allocated to the database program can cause issues (run mysqltuner).

We want you to succeed with Zoneminder!
fillister

Post by fillister »

here is the cut sheet from Amazon

SV3C 1080P POE IP Camera with 2.8-12MM Varifocal Lens(Manual Focus, 4XOptical Zoom), IP66 Waterproof, Motion Detection, Wired, Not Wireless
by sv3c
3.7 out of 5 stars 61 customer reviews
| 30 answered questions
Currently unavailable.
We don't know when or if this item will be back in stock.

POE IP CAMERA: This is a Power Over Ethernet (POE) camera and requires a separate POE Injector(not included) or POE Switch(not included) to operate. The Advanced PoE Technology enables you to use a Single Network Cable for both Video and Power Transmission, then making the Wiring Simplified and Installtion Easier. We also provided an extral adapter for power supply replacement if you don't use the POE Function.
2.8-12mm VARIFOCAL LENS, MANUAL FOCUS : There are two screws in the underneath of the camera body. One for adjusting view angle, another one for focus. You can use a screwdriver to adjust the view angle from 120 degrees to 36 degrees to get the decent point you want, and then focus it.
NIGHT VISION: 8Pcs Big Blue IR LED lights offer you with 40M night vision distance, plus with 2.8mm-12mm Varifocal lens, you can adjust to see more clearly in the Night.
IP66 WATERPROOF: We have used with IP66 Level waterproof steady aluminum case and also extral protection to ensure our cameras will be durable enough for using outdoor even under rain, snow etc bad weather. May you will be suprised by its steady/stable outercase and solid-build quality.
ONVIF COMPATIBLE: Compatible with Blue Iris, Ispy, Zoneminder, Security Spy, VLC or some other 3rd party software.(This does not mean our camera would work with all the 3rd party software, if you are using a software not listed here and you are having a problem, please contact customer service). Compatible with Most Onvif NVR (Some NVRs are a proprietary device then it would not allow other brand cameras to be integrated in, if you have an issues there, please contact customer service).
bsnarfy

Post by bsnarfy »

I have been following this thread for quite a while. I have resolved my problems so I wanted to post a follow-up.

After doing some research, it appears that this is a known issue with the older ffmpeg that was the current package version on Ubuntu 16.

On my two systems, each with two of these SV3C cameras, I upgraded to 18.04 and at the same time upgraded ZM to 1.32.2.

It's been about two months now and I have had zero problems with the streaking,
nate922

Post by nate922 »

bsnarfy wrote: Mon Dec 03, 2018 6:07 pm I have been following this thread for quite a while. I have resolved my problems so I wanted to post a follow-up.

After doing some research, it appears that this is a known issue with the older ffmpeg that was the current package version on Ubuntu 16.

On my two systems, each with two of these SV3C cameras, I upgraded to 18.04 and at the same time upgraded ZM to 1.32.2.

It's been about two months now and I have had zero problems with the streaking,
Thanks for the follow up post bsnarfy.

Can you please share the version of ffmpeg that works for you? I tried upgrading ffmpeg and it didn't help.
Pete1

Post by Pete1 »

As reported previously I have this issue. It is on this model of camera: SV-B01-1080P-POE.

I have upgraded on Centos (7) to Zoneminder 1.32.2 and still experience the issue. I currently have the system set to force a restart of Zoneminder every hour to limit the length of time it causes an issue.

On this system ffmpeg version is 2.8.15.
bsnarfy

Post by bsnarfy »

nate922 wrote: Sun Dec 09, 2018 8:42 pm
Thanks for the follow up post bsnarfy.

Can you please share the version of ffmpeg that works for you? I tried upgrading ffmpeg and it didn't help.
Sorry for the tardy reply - I apparently don't have notifications enabled and just happened to think to check back on this thread.

BTW, going on 3 months now and still zero problems with streaking on the two systems, and on one of the systems 6 more of these same SV3C cameras have been added in the past few weeks.

Code: Select all

$ ffmpeg -version
ffmpeg version 3.4.4-0ubuntu0.18.04.1 Copyright (c) 2000-2018 the FFmpeg developers
built with gcc 7 (Ubuntu 7.3.0-16ubuntu3)
configuration: --prefix=/usr --extra-version=0ubuntu0.18.04.1 --toolchain=hardened --libdir=/usr/lib/x86_64-linux-gnu --incdir=/usr/include/x86_64-linux-gnu --enable-gpl --disable-stripping --enable-avresample --enable-avisynth --enable-gnutls --enable-ladspa --enable-libass --enable-libbluray --enable-libbs2b --enable-libcaca --enable-libcdio --enable-libflite --enable-libfontconfig --enable-libfreetype --enable-libfribidi --enable-libgme --enable-libgsm --enable-libmp3lame --enable-libmysofa --enable-libopenjpeg --enable-libopenmpt --enable-libopus --enable-libpulse --enable-librubberband --enable-librsvg --enable-libshine --enable-libsnappy --enable-libsoxr --enable-libspeex --enable-libssh --enable-libtheora --enable-libtwolame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libvpx --enable-libwavpack --enable-libwebp --enable-libx265 --enable-libxml2 --enable-libxvid --enable-libzmq --enable-libzvbi --enable-omx --enable-openal --enable-opengl --enable-sdl2 --enable-libdc1394 --enable-libdrm --enable-libiec61883 --enable-chromaprint --enable-frei0r --enable-libopencv --enable-libx264 --enable-shared
libavutil      55. 78.100 / 55. 78.100
libavcodec     57.107.100 / 57.107.100
libavformat    57. 83.100 / 57. 83.100
libavdevice    57. 10.100 / 57. 10.100
libavfilter     6.107.100 /  6.107.100
libavresample   3.  7.  0 /  3.  7.  0
libswscale      4.  8.100 /  4.  8.100
libswresample   2.  9.100 /  2.  9.100
libpostproc    54.  7.100 / 54.  7.100
nate922

Post by nate922 »

Appreciate the response bsnarfy, merry xmas!
bsnarfy

Post by bsnarfy »

nate922 wrote: Tue Dec 25, 2018 11:39 pm Appreciate the response bsnarfy, merry xmas!
You are very welcome! Happy Holidays!

I hope you are able to resolve this issue. I really like the price/performance of the SV3C cams other than the smearing/streaking issue. Now that it's been resolved, I've been able to add cameras. I've tried some other cameras at comparable pricing (i.e., Reolink) and I have not been happy with them. The SV3C cameras have been 100% solid, and my research has shown that the streaking issue was a known problem that affected other camera brands as well.
Pete1

Post by Pete1 »

For me, this has resolved itself. I noticed that Centos updates recently included ffmpeg updates so I disabled my cron job to restart the Zoneminder service every hour and for the last month or so this issue has not returned. Fingers crossed it is now not going to happen again. My version of ffmpeg is now 3.4.5.
thre56tfgd

Post by thre56tfgd »

bbunge wrote: Thu Sep 20, 2018 1:52 pm Still waiting for someone to let us know what series SV3C camera they have.
Still waiting for you to stop being an ass hole. Oh well, you were wrong anyway. Either the ffmpeg update or ZM update fixed it. Thanks for annoying everyone while they tried to figure this out though! :wink:
Baylink

Post by Baylink »

bbunge wasn't being an asshole.

I won't comment on my opinion of you just now, though.