Looking for a new camera

A place for discussion of topics that are not specific to ZoneMinder. This could include Linux, Video4Linux, CCTV cameras or any other topic.
garyc

Looking for a new camera

Post by garyc »

I have been using ZM for a few years with one Y-Cam camera. Recently I have been tinkering with a couple of old Blackberry Z10s to use as internal cameras but the phones keep losing connection/dying and rebooting/losing wi-fi or whatever and the feeds go dead.

Decided to buy a new camera instead of messing with old phones and tried the Y-Cam HD indoor only to find that it is cloud-only and I couldn't figure out how to make it talk to ZM. Y-Cam support told me it's not possible (well didn't want to tell me how) so I sent it back today for a refund. Having done that I have now found a possible solution for those cameras in this forum but obviously didn't type the magic words previously...

So, i want to find a wifi, small, neat-looking indoor camera that i can (realtively) easily attach to ZM.

Any suggestions welcomed.

Gary
spynet

Re: Looking for a new camera

Post by spynet »

kingofkya

Re: Looking for a new camera

Post by kingofkya »

I have had decent luck with the cheap chines ip camers on aliexpress. The search term you want is "ONVIF IP camera" so far i haven't got one that wont auto config in zm with the onvif option. The wired one can get super cheap sub $10. I haven't tried any ptz ones though so your mileage may very there.

Also if at all possible I would wire em the wifi on most camers can be really iffy.

ex search:
https://www.aliexpress.com/w/wholesale- ... +IP+camera