Montage review history does not show any image

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.30.x releases only.
DoubleHP

Montage review history does not show any image

Post by DoubleHP »

Hello.

One nice feature never worked for me:
http://server/zm/?view=montagereview&fi ... =1&speed=1

Montage review live works fine. I got each cam in a small rectangle.

In montage review, I click on 1h (or any other top link). Then get a top frame with history of events, speed scale and so one, but then, all cams turn into "no data". I have played many times with this, and adjust the index on time slots where there had been events, at several speeds. All cams always stick to no data.

When I click on live, I get all live streams fine.

The rest of ZM usually works fine (a few minor bugs). I wonder if this is a server or browser issue. When I click on a cam, I get a list of events below the image, and I can view these events => reading single events works.
aschmi

Re: Montage review history does not show any image

Post by aschmi »

I had the same issue in a debian install, and found that the problem was with a missing gd library.
On debian 9 just install php-gd (apt-get install php-gd). That solved the issue. BTW excellent new feature!
DoubleHP

Post by DoubleHP »

Thanks for the tip.

After installing the package, I had to reboot the server (service restart may suffice in most case; reboot was faster to type).

I have reported missing dep against DBTS:
https://bugs.debian.org/cgi-bin/bugrepo ... bug=870140

and asked ZM team to add explicit warning and sanity checker:
https://github.com/ZoneMinder/ZoneMinder/issues/1957
wan_khalil

Post by wan_khalil »

I got almost the same problem. Everything was fine with Montage Review until one day.... nothing on my history page.

After doing some research, Im positive in my case, this is cause of user auth due to different time zone. Time zone on my PHP server and zone minder is GMT -5 while I set my laptop to GMT +8 (I change time zone due to travelling)

After putting back my laptop time zone to GMT-5, everything works again.
DoubleHP

Post by DoubleHP »

Wan, you need to report a bug; concerning my problem, it was fixed (see BTS). I understand your problem fits the description of this page, but no admin is reading this; so, to be usefull and helping, you need to report a bug.
dblagbro

Post by dblagbro »

I am experiencing this same issue - almost anyway, instead of "no data" I am getting "camera offline" on all of my cameras. I can PING the cameras from the ZM server, and I can copy the "source" from the cameras' settings and open with vlc using "vlc rtsp://admin:<password>@192.168.2.13:10554/tcp/av0_0".

This was working for weeks and then suddenly stopped.

I can also telnet on the port without getting connection refused - terminal opens but just hangs:

telnet 192.168.2.13 10554

So I'm curious if there's something I can do to continue testing from the camera server since testing from a workstation on the same subnet as the camera server does work with VLC.

All but 1 camera is using RTSP by the way - I also added one single camera, didn't change existing ones, using ONVIF which was working for a day, then all cameras broke... not sure if that's relevant.

Update: In addition to this, I also found a 2nd video monitor stopped working... I ran "sudo apt update" and then it started working again. Then I rebooted and the video montage started working too. So, I think something in a recent Ubuntu video driver broke some things... it's back now.
Last edited by dblagbro on Tue Sep 10, 2019 10:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.
DoubleHP

Post by DoubleHP »

dblagbro

1: if you don't have the same error message, you don't have the same issue.

2: if it have worked in the past, you don't have the issue; when I reported this problem, it had never worked for me.

The solution for my case is in the BTS ... read the whole thread.

If you want my help, open a new thread, and report your link here.