Failed to open out file in event directory

Forum for questions and support relating to the 1.31.x releases only.
romany

Failed to open out file in event directory

Post by romany »

This is on Ubuntu 18.04 - ZM 1.31.47. Not sure when it started - this is a new installation (within the last couple of weeks) - but I'm really starting to capture cam events now - so could have been that way from the beginning. I'm using external telnet trigger to turn on cams BTW - not depending on ZM motion detection ability. But the issue is that it will be OK - able to capture and store events in the zoneminder/event directory - and than it can't - start seeing at the first indication of an issue in the log that "mkdir" fails for a new event - and after that unable to read the file (which makes sense since the directory for the new event never gets created). My ZM event directory is on a new storage point (a 2nd SSD drive). All my cams point to this new storage. Like I say it appears to all work fine - and than suddenly it does not. I had originally mounted a 32G flash stick for this storage as a temp solution - but changed that to a new SSD drive I just added. I followed this procedure to map:

https://bkjaya.wordpress.com/2018/08/23 ... -computer/

Permissions should be correct:

rek7802@myth2:/mnt/sda/zoneminder$ ls -lstra
total 16
4 drwxr-xr-x 4 root root 4096 Sep 15 03:20 ..
4 drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 Sep 15 03:21 images
4 drwxr-xr-x 4 www-data www-data 4096 Sep 15 03:21 .
4 drwxr-xr-x 2 www-data www-data 4096 Sep 15 12:10 events
rek7802@myth2:/mnt/sda/zoneminder$

Have the same exact issue on the flash stick as I do on the SSD...

I can reboot the server any everything works once again - until it does not. Things that I have recently done on this box was to enable NTP Server - and to point my cams to the ZM server to get their clock updates (I don't want these chinese cams to get out to the internet). The Ubuntu box and ZM (Apache) both are configured for NYT Eastern TZ. Any suggestion where to look? My next step is to return to the previous timeshift snapshot and see if I had this issue before the last 1.31 update and enabling ntp server - but wanted to ask for suggestions before I did that....
romany

Re: Failed to open out file in event directory

Post by romany »

This may have been my issue since I'm running ubuntu - I changed the path from /tmp/zm to /dev/shm...so far so good...